• Does anyone know if WOTC is going to keep Italy AA50 brown or will they change it? If they change it, will FMG produce the Italian units in brown? Or will they hold off until the release of A&A:E40?

• '10

@C_Strabala:

Does anyone know if WOTC is going to keep Italy AA50 brown or will they change it? If they change it, will FMG produce the Italian units in brown? Or will they hold off until the release of A&A:E40?

We will produce ITALY in brown to match the COMBAT DICE.

I see no reason why they would change the color?  Although I agree with others that Light Grey would be best.

• Thanks Field Marshal for the reply! It makes sense to keep the units the same as their dice.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@C_Strabala:

Does anyone know if WOTC is going to keep Italy AA50 brown or will they change it? If they change it, will FMG produce the Italian units in brown? Or will they hold off until the release of A&A:E40?

I see no reason why they would change the color?  Although I agree with others that Light Grey would be best.

If WOTC does something stupid and changes colors, Will FMG follow suit?

• I dont care, I will paint them anyway. That, or buy another copy.

• Italians should stay brown, but what is going to be done about the Gray ANZAC pieces in the combined game.

• Customizer

ANZAC will be in UK tan, not a separate power.

If you own both games you will already have enough tan pieces for all British Empire forces.

I would really like some ANZACS in green for when they are handed over to US control.

I also suggest that if FMG produce Italians in grey it’ll be their best selling set.

• @Flashman:

ANZAC will be in UK tan, not a separate power.

If you own both games you will already have enough tan pieces for all British Empire forces.

I would really like some ANZACS in green for when they are handed over to US control.

I also suggest that if FMG produce Italians in grey it’ll be their best selling set.

Well we know that you would buy it.

• If we get Italians in light grey, I will buy 5 copies, I promise

• @Razor:

If we get Italians in light grey, I will buy 5 copies, I promise

Well FMG, Did you hear that, their are 2 eager customers, that should be plenty to start a production run.

• Historically, the color of the italian uniforms was the grey-green. Since the China is lime green and the US is green-ligh green, why not make italian units in dark green, like the marines in the old version of Pacific?

• Why not just stick to the color that has already been established?

• @FieldMarshalGames:

I see no reason why they would change the color?  Although I agree with others that Light Grey would be best.

Yes I thought Larry confirmed that the same brown color would be used in AAE40.

When will pics and preorders be available for these units???

Exactly what units are you making???- just the Italians- might as well do the whole line (US, Brit, Russia, Germans etc…)

will you make naval base, air base, IC (major and minor) and AAguns pieces too???

• FMG is doing the whole line. Go here :

Axis and Allies.org Boards > Axis & Allies > Other Axis & Allies Variants (Moderators: dezrtfish, DarthMaximus, Guerrilla Guy) > Field Marshal Games Pieces Project

• Customizer

@Brain:

Why not just stick to the color that has already been established?

Because its horrible, it’s too close to the other brown/tan colours, and it has nothing to do with Italy.

Most of us think of Italian uniform as something like this:

http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-uniforms/italy2.htm

PSR agrees on Italy, but a different approach to UK/USSR; mustard?

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/ShowFeature.aspx?id=29

• I totally agree with you in theory, Flashman, but its tough to swim against the WotC-standard-color tide.  Maybe if FMG sells out of their first run of dice/ pieces, they’ll consider a switch.

Wouldn’t it be awesome, incidently, if we could get all plastic miniatures/ figures manufactureres to adopt some color standard along the lines of PSR’s?  (Utopian, I know: it’ll happen right after the UN finally irons out “peace in our time” :wink:)

• The pieces must be in OOB colors. That is what they are designed to be used for and to change colors would hurt potential sales. People are basically not into what “roundel or color of uniform they really had” what they are interested in is that they match the OOB pieces in terms of scale and color.

Latter after they recoup the investment, can they address a new set based on more ‘accurate’ information.

however, i think once they make at least one complete set, they might make it in another color so people can use it for neutral forces, since the cheaps at WOTC will NEVER MAKE ANY DEDICATED NEUTRAL ARMIES.

• I would like the FMG colors to match WOTC colors.

• @Brain:

I would like the FMG colors to match WOTC colors.

Same here.

• Thread necromancy,

But I also STRONGLY desire the FMG colors to match the OOB color. To me, I will use the pieces in a “mix and match” with the original OOB pieces, keeping the A&A Italian Infantry and tank, mabe a couple others, and blending in the FMG pieces. Color matching needs to be superb.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m