• Has anyone played Field Command?

• i bought this when it came out. It is terrible. The first turn and half the pieces are lost in combat. By turn 3 you got like a few pieces left.

The combat system is stupid. Basically if you got a higher strength unit vs a lower strength ( function of type and elevation) you kill it, so basically you move your pieces and destroy all the weak pieces straight away.

the pieces are too large for any other use and the game is had to find.

forget it.

• It has a rock-paper-scissors combat system so I don’t know how you would determine which piece is higher/lower strength.

• does not the elevation determine some advantage in combat?

I remember the shapes of the bases indicate the strength and the elevation gives a point benefit in combat, so all your doing is moving all your pieces to where the enemy pieces are weaker… like stratego except you get one move for every piece and their is no fog of war. This becomes ridiculous carnage type of game.

Thats what i remember from playing it.

• Elevation favors artillery, if you let it have the high ground. The bases indicate who is the winner when they are the same piece but it is rock-paper-scissors. Pieces are moved simulltaneously so you do not know what piece will end up sharing your space.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m