• An interesting scenerio crossed my mind while playing pacific yesterday. A global game will come with some drawbacks in a multiplayer (4-6) game. Some powers will have ALOT of down time, waiting for their turn that comes between roughly 6-8 other powers turns.

I plan on implementing a Triumverate command structure in games, dividing the teams between axis and allies obviously, but commanding each power by committee so to speak, or dividing responsibility (one player handles the Eastern US, one handles the Western US, and one does China’s turn. Similar for Japan, one handles the naval moves, the others handle land combat.

Essentaly I hope to speed the game up and keep everyone involved in the game so there is less time spectating. Maybe assign “commanders in cheif” to each major power who hold the power over overall strategy for a power. My bigest fear is being italy or something, and having perhaps an hour and a half between my turns to….i dont know, marvel at my boats.

what are your opinions, or suggestions on speeding up the global game. (besides adding a game clock, this isnt chess)

• Well, turn one is always the longest (don’t we all know).  The more you play the faster you get, the more experienced the faster and so on.
    I would assume one person could play the USA in the global game, but it would be cool to divide it up between two players.
    I am seriously wondering what the rules are going to be for USA in the global game.  I am assuming that the IPC’s will ahve to be separated in the east and the west, perhaps the US will have two turns?  I wonder if they will even have the panama canal and be able to transfer units from East to West and Vice Versa?  Although I occasionally use the canal, it is a rarity.

• They will have the canal, it was a US possession and an ally in the war, and the map will go all the way down to south africa so im assuming south america will be on the map in its totality

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m