• What if Japan goes completely after USA. Is it thinkable the overwhelming starting power of Japan can break USA and take it’s capital after some rounds? Any ideas out there?

Or is this plain stupid, not worth any discussion?

• nice idea ;)
    there is no way you can stop US or take it’s capitol
    you’d need a permanent gaurd on hawaii to keep it, meaning india and australia will be a lot harder to take

you can always try :D

• @KH:

What if Japan goes completely after USA. Is it thinkable the overwhelming starting power of Japan can break USA and take it’s capital after some rounds? Any ideas out there?

Or is this plain stupid, not worth any discussion?

Respectfully said in your own words- it is “just plain stupid”.

• btw, + 1 karme cause you speak dutch ;)
    belgisch of nederlands?

• i dont think its possible…ive looked at the board and unless Japan gets some MAJOR dice…i really dont see Japan killing USA…

If Japan goes after the US full force…they might have to give up Asia and the SW Pacific altogether…

It might not be possible to fight on all fronts…although if anyone has ever taken the US…give me a blow by blow record…

It would be very interesting :-D

• I wonder if there would be a way using the convoy rules.  You would need 26 subs, or 52 surface ships to block all LA income.  You start with 2 subs, so you would need 24 more, or 24x6=144 IPCs worth.  Might be able to get pretty close by turn 4, but i’m not sure.

• Inderdaad, hup Holland hup. Jij Putten toch? Misschien een keer live spelen Frontovik? En dan plaatsen we lekker een hoop nederlandse soldaatjes op het bord, lekker puh!  :-D

Back to topic;
    In a Kill Usa First strategy, meaning > really taking the USA capital (so I’m not buying subs) you would for sure lose Asia, because all units are needed to break the U.S. Imo it’s possible to get all planes, ships (+ new bought transports) in reach by turn 3. Japan should buy 7 transports in the first 2 turns. Eventhough the chances for succes are slight, the japanese airforce could make the difference….

• @KH:

Inderdaad, hup Holland hup. Jij Putten toch? Misschien een keer live spelen Frontovik? En dan plaatsen we lekker een hoop nederlandse soldaatjes op het bord, lekker puh!  :-D

Als je nog een derde en vierde (mn broer) wiel nodig hebt…

• Ha Woodstock, klinkt als een goed plan. Waar wonen jij en je broer?

• ik ook ng broer en vriend die het graag spelen
    ben wel van België, Brakel (zuiden v Oost-Vlaanderen)

• Ow…da’s best een eind. Ici Hilversum. Maar ja…als het daar ook nog een beetje mooi is en je zet er een stel lekkere belgische biertjes tegenover…dan pakken we een keer een hotelletje en hop, spelen we het godganse weekend door  :-P

• Thread has been hijacked by the dutch! :mrgreen:

• We will free this thread if Larry gives us the military power (we prefer the color orange) to defend our Royal Dutch East Indies.

If this is not done within 24 hours we - the holy dutch - will have to send our marines to WOTC!  :evil:

• Oh jeetje! Een Nederlandse invasie? Mag ik meedoen, mag ik meedoen, mag ik meedoen? :-)

Ik woon in Zaandam. Nog verder van België, maar wel dichtbij Hilversum!

On topic (and in English): I think invading the US is a big gamble. And the thing is you don’t gain a lot of income preparing for an assault against the US. You can get PHI and HAW for +8 IPC, but that’s it. While if you prepare for an invasion of AUS or IND you can take PHI, DEI, FIC etc and gain 20+ IPC.

I do buy subs to do convoy raiding (Alaska). It doesn’t do a lot of damage, but from there it can also threaten the west coast and they are back in Japan in one turn should the need arise. And if I can spare the trannies I also take the airbase islands from the US.

• Hello Tavenier,

We only get invaded in every game, so sad.
    Invading Germany, that would be a surprise attack nobody expects from the dutch…what about it?

To answer your question, sure yes you may maydoon! Zaandam is close enuff  :lol:

• Yep, the Dutch are always being invaded… But in Civ4 the Dutch are one of the best Civs to play! :-)

But this is getting to much off topic!

I think you could go and kill the US, but not without securing Australia, for example. You don’t want UK forces to be able to operate from ANZAC territory!

• Fok. Zuid Limburg hier. Da’s nog een eind.

As for the topic: Kill USA first? Bad idea.

• Dan woont de Vlaming denk ik nog dichterbij!
    :-)

• I admit the chances to be unsuccessful seem to be overwhelming in this strategy…
    But, if you would try it, then you should go for it all the way. Meaning; neglect everything else - including Australia - and send all you got to USA.

If you succeed, there’s no problem recapturing everything Japan lost.
    Once USA’s capital is taken, bringing UK and Anzac to their knees is just a matter of time…

en limburg is inderdaad een eind! Groet aan allemaal.  :-D

• we zullen soort Isle of Wight houden. Ik graaf jimi hendrix wel op :D

each case, an attack on the US must be postponed till after china is murdered and UK is contained, and Anzac eliminated (not that hard)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m