What will be wrong with AAAE: 1940?

• depending on the faults of AAA pacific 1940 and louzy unit quality on AAA50 (for the rest a great game), what will happen to AAAE Europe 1940?

• It will probably have the same problems as AAP40 with the same componernts because that wouldn’t require any more effort on their part.

• Methinx every nation will get 20 inf, 6 art, 6 tanks, 6 fighters, 6 trannies, 6 subs, 6 destroyers, 6 cruisers

……2 Mech’s and 2 Tac’s

Facility units will come as cardboard.

The Rulebook will be in a state that requires Krighund to make an “Erreta & FAQ”-thread the very first day.

• @Razor:

Methinx every nation will get 20 inf, 6 art, 6 tanks, 6 fighters, 6 trannies, 6 subs, 6 destroyers, 6 cruisers

……2 Mech’s and 2 Tac’s

Facility units will come as cardboard.

The Rulebook will be in a state that requires Krighund to make an “Erreta & FAQ”-thread the very first day.

I actually agree with Razor.

• ( Re: what will be wrong with AAAE: 1940? )

Not enough Stukas I’m sure.

• ACME walls all the map (not only China, also neutrals)

• The main thing that will be wrong is it is probably being made by the same people that just screwed up Pacific.

• @Brain:

The main thing that will be wrong is it is probably being made by the same people that just screwed up Pacific.

Now I am old enough to remember the first Europe and Pacific editions back in 1999, and the Revised 4th edition in 2004. At that time Mike Selinker was running the show. He wrote articles about the upcoming games a half year before the release. He made sure every player got nation specific pieces, and he made sure there was enough pieces. The first E. and P. maps was looking really good, and the games was playtestet and had a rational Rulebook with no typos. When Mike Selinker left WOTC, then the problems started. Today we must deal with chimps. So what can go wrong ? Well, basically everything. So just buy the games, and dont expect too much.

• When Mike Selinker left WOTC, then the problems started.

All he did was write those articles. The quality control at WOTC and the management of product development is the problem. Whoever is working this position is just rolling dice and casting spells in the backroom.

Of course AAE40 will only have 6 mech and 6 tac bombers and thin tokens and some typos all over the box and rules.

nothing will change and they will never admit to making any mistakes. That is what they do.

• Well there is definitely something different now. Either it’s new people or a new attitude. Either way it sucks for us.

• Official Q&A

@Razor:

Now I am old enough to remember the first Europe and Pacific editions back in 1999, and the Revised 4th edition in 2004. At that time Mike Selinker was running the show.

Mike Selinker had nothing to do with either the original Europe or Pacific.  He was only involved in Revised and D-Day.

@Imperious:

nothing will change and they will never admit to making any mistakes. That is what they do.

Is not the publication of errata the admission of a mistake?

• So they admit their mistakes. That’s the first step to recovery.

• Is not the publication of errata the admission of a mistake?

No it is your commitment to making sence of the rules that somebody else messed up the typesetting that we all thank god for.

WOTC and the people who actually do this work NEVER COME BACK TO THE PICTURE TO ANSWER FOR THEIR DEEDS.

It’s like they are put under witness protection and nobody can reach the culprits and they never are held accountable for all the gaffs.

• Right, we must gather a possum and hunt those basterds down, man

• @Razor:

Right, we must gather a possum and hunt those basterds down, man

I believe you meant possy.

• lol…i actually like new game. im sure the next one will be awesome. I mean really what are the flaws?

• @Brain:

@Razor:

Right, we must gather a possum and hunt those basterds down, man

I believe you meant possy.

errr :oops:
    so I should put the possum back?

• And I don’t have the heart to tell him…. in AAE40 the possum is only cardboard.

• Seriously? It’s ‘posse’. I can’t believe I’m stooping to judge a spelling bee between two guys who call themselves ‘Brain Damaged’ and ‘Razor’. Come on guys, get it together… WOTC is never going to take your complaints seriously if you can’t even spell or string together a grammatically correct sentence.

• @Razor:

@Brain:

The main thing that will be wrong is it is probably being made by the same people that just screwed up Pacific.

So just buy the games, and dont expect too much.

How about, “don’t expect too much, so DON’T just buy the games”……save your money!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m