Quick and easy solution to tac bombers

• Got my game last night and unpacked it.  Like everyone, I’m annoyed that Japan only has 6 Tac Bombers when they need 10+.  So after sitting and thinking a minute, I dug out my old copies of AARevised and even Guadalcanal.  The Tac Bomber is almost the same size as the regular bomber (wingspan and lengthwise).  Sooo…. if you cut the engines off of the old bomber models (and maybe trim the wings just a bit, then round them off)- Instant Tac Bombers!

Also- you can snag AARevised or Guadalcanal fairly cheap off ebay- the average I saw was around $20.  This would seem a FAR better option then buying 2 games (sorry, but $20 is much easier than plunking down another $65-90 JUST for extra peices).

I’m also thinking about taking the old ICs and using them as well…  Say cut off 1 smokestack to equal a  Minor IC and use the straight model for the Major

• Cut AA pieces?!?!  :-o

• @allboxcars:

Cut AA pieces?!?!  :-o

Do we have any alternatives ?

• TripleA '12

That’s a good idea ll Duce, I like it. What do the modified Bombers look like compared with the Tac Bombers? Could you please post a photo of the two units together? That would be great!  :-)

• Pretty swamped right now, but I’ll try to get comparison pics up in a day or so!

• '10

I’ve got so much Japanese figthers. I’ll paint 10 of them in ligth green and use them as Kate torpedo planes.

As minor industrial complexes I used the old white plastic pieces from the very first version of A&A.

• @allboxcars:

Cut AA pieces?!?!  :-o

sacrilege

• Have anyone (other than me) noticed that the new British Tac have the same size and look as the Japanese Bomer, or the German Bomber ? They all have two engines and are the same size. What should have been done, was to use the old two-engine Japanese Bomber as a Tac, and give Japan a new four-engine Bomber. Also Germany could get a new 4-engine Bomber. That would make sense. Fighters are 1-engine, Tac’s are 2-engine and bombers are 4-engine. Is it too late to change the molds now ?

• For IC’s I just use two IC pieces for a major, and one for a minor. There is plenty of room on the board and its easy to upgrade… Just add another building!

• @ll:

I’m also thinking about taking the old ICs and using them as well…   Say cut off 1 smokestack to equal a  Minor IC and use the straight model for the Major

Im using the grey ICs from AA Europe as minors and the white ones from the original A&A as the majors. Still looking for air base and naval base substitutes…

• @audavo:

Still looking for air base and naval base substitutes…

Monopoly houses and hotels.

Or at least that’s what my meeple commander-in-chiefs are suggesting.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I didn’t know the word “Meeple” was allowed here.  :-P

I will wait to see FMGs stuff. In the meantime, I’ll use the cardboard. Otherwise it’s just takin’ up space.

• Meeple talk is not allowed here.

• I am sorry but I am not cutting my pieces. I need a different solution.

• @Variable:

I will wait to see FMGs stuff. In the meantime, I’ll use the cardboard. Otherwise it’s just takin’ up space.

^ This!

• @ll:

Got my game last night and unpacked it.  Like everyone, I’m annoyed that Japan only has 6 Tac Bombers when they need 10+.  So after sitting and thinking a minute, I dug out my old copies of AARevised and even Guadalcanal.  The Tac Bomber is almost the same size as the regular bomber (wingspan and lengthwise).  Sooo…. if you cut the engines off of the old bomber models (and maybe trim the wings just a bit, then round them off)- Instant Tac Bombers!

Also- you can snag AARevised or Guadalcanal fairly cheap off ebay- the average I saw was around $20.  This would seem a FAR better option then buying 2 games (sorry, but $20 is much easier than plunking down another $65-90 JUST for extra peices).

I’m also thinking about taking the old ICs and using them as well…   Say cut off 1 smokestack to equal a  Minor IC and use the straight model for the Major

I’ll go you one better. Just use the fighters from 2nd ed. A&A. Sure the colors don’t match with the Japs, but the fighters there sort of look like dive bombers anyway. I have my sets, and that’s what I’m doing for that.

• I am so glad I spent $90 on this deluxe game so I could figure out how to make it more enjoyable.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

@Brain:

I am so glad I spent $90 on this deluxe game so I could figure out how to make it more enjoyable.

Then I guess you’ll be skipping AA 40 Europe?

• Even though I am not happy with the game components. I still think A&A is the most kick-@$$ game out there. So I will most likely buy all the games just for the gameplay, but if somebody else like FMG would make these type of games, then I would probably stop buying them.

• @Imperious:

Meeple talk is not allowed here.

Hey if WOTC employed them instead of chimps we’d have bedder speling adn les errrors

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m