• Can Japan invade these French islands without a DoW, just like French Indo China?

• I believe the answer is no. FIC seems to be the only one where this is the case.

• @Razor:

Of course Japan (or UK) can take New Hebrides without starting a bloody war, man. They can take all the Dutch islands, so why should they not be allowed to take the French islands ?

If Japan attacks the Dutch, then war is declared on all the Allies.

page 8 of rulebook
    under sub heading The Political Situation
    “However, any combat movements against the British, Dutch, ANZAC, or American Territories, troops, or ships by the Japanese will bring all the Allied powers into the war.”

• OK so Razor is wrong.
    It still doesn’t say whether the Japanese can invade New Hebrides.

(Personally I’d say yes since it’s as French as FIC… but)

• '19

The only thing Japan can do without starting a war is invade FIC and china.  I think the rules and Krieghund have been pretty clear on this and nothing they have said or the rules say would lend permission to attack anywhere else, provided Japan is not yet at war.

• OK I’ll go with McKay.

I don’t have the rules to peruse and the Rules Q&A thread that Kreighund was industriously assembling has reached the point it needs a table of contents to find any specific info.

Maybe it should be re-titled Rules QOA for “Quagmire of Answers”?

• Nothing in the rules says explictly that Japan will cause a declaration of war if they take New Hebrides.

It cetianly dosnt say that France is an allied country or that FIC and NH are freindly terrtories.

• Official Q&A

@Emperor_Taiki:

It cetianly dosnt say that France is an allied country or that FIC and NH are freindly terrtories.

It’s implied by the fact that the UK/ANZAC can take control of FIC, while Japan must attack it.  I’ll get a clarification on the status of New Hebrides.

• @Krieghund:

@Emperor_Taiki:

It’s implied by the fact that the UK/ANZAC can take control of FIC, while Japan must attack it.  I’ll get a clarification on the status of New Hebrides.

But they dont collect income for france before they take it?

And is dutch considered allied before they are taken? can you land aircraft on the dutch islands the turn you take them?

• Official Q&A

@Emperor_Taiki:

But they dont collect income for france before they take it?

Before it’s taken, it belongs to France.  France does not collect income.

@Emperor_Taiki:

And is dutch considered allied before they are taken? can you land aircraft on the dutch islands the turn you take them?

If the UK or ANZAC takes control, they may land planes there on the same turn, as the territory was friendly at the beginning of their turn.  If the Japanese capture it, they may not, as it was hostile at the beginning of their turn.

• Ok, I didn’t know that about the Dutch Indies and allied planes.

Any word on NH yet? I can see opportunities if playing Japan and are planning on attacking the allies late (turn 3 or later).

• @Krieghund:

@Emperor_Taiki:

It’s implied by the fact that the UK/ANZAC can take control of FIC, while Japan must attack it.  I’ll get a clarification on the status of New Hebrides.

What is the difference?

Can UK/ANZ land planes on FIC and NHeb if they are french?  perhaps after they are at war with Japan, but not before?

• Official Q&A

The FAQ has been updated with a clarification on New Hebrides.  It is treated in the same way as FIC.

• Thanks, krieghund! My next game as Japan I will invade NH, just to see how it turns out.

If I knew how to give karma I would have given it…
    :-)

• @Krieghund:

The FAQ has been updated with a clarification on New Hebrides.  It is treated in the same way as FIC.

Makes sense for game purposes considering the way it is marked on the map board.  :-)

[Although I think historically it was jointly administered with the UK… I think.]

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m