Massive defensive boost of island airbases

• This is just something I was wondering about and how other people felt.  Since with an airbase on an island you get to choose if your planes are defending the sea zone, or the island itself, just how much more difficult assaulting islands has become.  Lets take New Zealand as an example.  Lets say ANZAC decided to move her destroyer there turn 1, and leaves 2 fighters on the island along with the INF.  Japan moves in on turn 2 with a loaded carrier, 2 inf in a transport, and say a destroyer.  Now if japan uses her 2 inf and 2 fighters on new zealand, she will probably win, but, if the fighters defend in the SZ her fleet will loose.  Seems a little annoying.

• Well, the easy fix to this issue is to complain on the rules, or possible make some house rules. If I was Japan, I would just send in one or two additional  Battleships, and problem solved.

• '19

seems reasonable to me (not a rule fix but the actual rules)

• Wouldn’t you have to resolve the sea battle first between the fighters and the Japanase fleet before the landing?  Or did they change that?

• '19

no its the same.  sea battle first.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m