OFFICIAL REQUEST: ITALIAN MOLDS in A&A Europe 1940

• Hi all.

Some day ago, Larry Harris in person told in his forum that in the new A&A Europe 1940 Italy won’t have her specific molds for the units used in game (except tank and infantry). Considering that Italy is a major power in the game, independent from Germany and, of course, from Japan, I don’t understand the reason for this choice: nor commercial, nor historic, nor nothing.

I’m italian and I’m the founder of the unique A&A’s italian players forum on the web. As italian players, we OFFICIALLY REQUEST Larry with the creation of specific molds to represent the italian units on the battle board. I’m here to ask your support, the support of the greatest A&A’s web community. This is not a nationalistic or political request, the conduct of the war by the italian forces is not the argument of this request: this is only a request about the GAME. Please sign down this topic if you agree, I personally will put a link at this topic (and at the similar topic we putted in our italian forum: http://axisandallies.forumup.it/viewtopic.php?t=1114&mforum=axisandallies) on the Larry’s forum in the next days.

A game with specific molds for EVERY nation would be funnier, greater, better, and personally I’d rather spend 10 € more than not having specific italian molds. The new game is still 6 months far to be released, the time to repair the consequences of this bad and incomprehensible choice is enough.

Thank you for your support.

• You have my support.

Although if this dosnt work out, FMG is producing their own set of all unque italian aswell as all the other powers pieces, you can find more info in the variant section

• Just buy the FMG pieces. WOTC doesn’t care about making you happy.

• Exactly! Just buy FMG pieces and WOTC will lose out because they are cheap. They will fill the niche.

• Still, the fact that in AA50 the Aqua Regia is larger than the Kriegsmarine, at least in terms of IPC value, and the Italian ships are the same moulds as the German ones… pretty frustrating. When you make another version of the game with Italy, one that focuses on the European theater, and Italy still gets the stick in terms of unique molds, in a game that has a very premium price… that grates a bit.

• Here is a test of the battleship that FMG will produce:

• Here is a test of one of the tanks:

• I need link to FMG sale list :)

Robert

• @Omega:

I need link to FMG sale list :)

Robert

Here is link to their website.

http://www.fieldmarshalgames.com/

Does this help?

• At least we all should be happy that the Russian Navy finally got its own nation specific molds of a Battleship (or floating gas station), cruiser and destroyer. I think it is more important to fill in the gap and give Russia uniqe tranny and sub too, before using resources on the Italians. Butt as usual this is just IMHO.

• You can add my name to the list  :wink:

• Buying “non-official” pieces, despite their wonderful quality, is not my objective: when I spend 90 Euros (more than 120 US$) in a board game, I would like to find the official “correct” molds. Spending more to have best minis should be an option, not an obligation, IMHO.

• @Sergente_nella_neve:

Hi all.

Some day ago, Larry Harris in person told in his forum that in the new A&A Europe 1940 Italy won’t have her specific molds for the units used in game (except tank and infantry). Considering that Italy is a major power in the game, independent from Germany and, of course, from Japan, I don’t understand the reason for this choice: nor commercial, nor historic, nor nothing.

I’m italian and I’m the founder of the unique A&A’s italian players forum on the web. As italian players, we OFFICIALLY REQUEST Larry with the creation of specific molds to represent the italian units on the battle board. I’m here to ask your support, the support of the greatest A&A’s web community. This is not a nationalistic or political request, the conduct of the war by the italian forces is not the argument of this request: this is only a request about the GAME. Please sign down this topic if you agree, I personally will put a link at this topic (and at the similar topic we putted in our italian forum: http://axisandallies.forumup.it/viewtopic.php?t=1114&mforum=axisandallies) on the Larry’s forum in the next days.

A game with specific molds for EVERY nation would be funnier, greater, better, and personally I’d rather spend 10 € more than not having specific italian molds. The new game is still 6 months far to be released, the time to repair the consequences of this bad and incomprehensible choice is enough.

Thank you for your support.

Good luck with that!

• as an italian-canadian u can put my name on that list sarge

• WOTC will never ever make pieces as nice as FMG Italian set.

If you wait for some miracle from WOTC, you will wait longer than WOTC will exist. It takes them a new concept game to produce 2 new pieces. To replace the entire Italian army, naval and air forces, your talking a huge hurtle for WOTC to make. They can’t even make a proper Battleboard for the new product AAP40, so what makes it reasonable to think WOTC will ever make dedicated Italian pieces?  WOTC should concentrate on things like typos and making sure the game has enough chips, because frankly they have problems even in this area… sad but true.

Support FMG products. They will make it right.

• This is all the more reason why FMG should make their own WWII Axis and Allies type game. They care. WOTC does not. A&A for WOTC is only a side business. The only game that they really care about is Magic, boy did they luck out on that one, because they certainly do not know how to run a business. If for some reason the interest in that game gets supplanted by another game,WOTC will be history, because they are just riding the wave right now.

• OK so if the Global game is for up to 6 players and AAE40 includes Italy as a separate power….

[hmmm. Remove footwear so I can continue to type AND count]

UK
    USA
    ANZAC
    Germany
    Italy
    Japan
    USSR

OK. Somebody’s gotta get merged when the two games do… ANZAC + UK? Italy + Germany?

• @allboxcars:

@Brain:

Why does there have to be a merger?

I’m counting 7 players and it’s supposed to be for 6 max when the games are combined.

Who or where does it say that there has to be a max. of 6 players?

• @Brain:

@allboxcars:

@Brain:

Why does there have to be a merger?

I’m counting 7 players and it’s supposed to be for 6 max when the games are combined.

Who or where does it say that there has to be a max. of 6 players?

OK I am certain I’ve seen that more than once and authoritative enough I didn’t pass it off a rumour… maybe it says on the back of the box or Krieghund?

Anyway, only source I can point to with authority at this point is Boardgamegeek reports it as part of the Manufacturer’s description.

• Customizer

I’m coming to the conclusion (mentioned elsewhere just as an idea) that in a global game the non Communist Allies would be better divided geographically than politically.

i.e. Atlantic Allies and Pacific Allies, with the USA divided east/west between them.  After joining the war the Americans very quickly established control over the entire Pacific theatre, with UK islands and all Anzacs subordinated to MacArthur’s SWP command.

This is particularly relevant to multi-player games in which each player has individual victory conditions, and discourages the KGF/KJF strategies.  Certainly in 1942 scenarios Anzac territory and forces should be firmly under US control.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m