• ive noticed in europe hteres two axis power and like 3.5 allied big deffernece. shur france will get over run fast but russia/america will have three turns to prepare.  :x and then its like a axis and allies game with out japan or china but france in sted. italy will have like 9-10 ipcs and germans will have like mabey 17-26 ipcs? and america has like what 57 again and britain 30 france with 15 and russia with 24-28ipcs. seems alittle unbalenced too me. :cry: :x

• Do you know what will/will not be present in Europe? You’re just guessing aren’t you? I think Germany/Italy might be pretty strong in the setup. It’s certainly too early to say “allied victory too easy” don’t you think?

• There’s no reason to be concerned about the balance yet. Don’t know about AAP40, but AA50 and AA42 don’t need (unit) bids higher than Revised.
    No reason to believe that the balance of AAE40 and/or the global game will be worse off then the latest A&A games.

• If AAP40 is a yardstick this won’t be an issue. Japan starts with 26 income before taking the Dutch Islands, and a bitchload more income once it does that. I think they’ll make it such that Italy has a significant income, perhaps around 20, and Germany will have a really big income, especially after taking France.

• @i:

@Army:

Do you know what will/will not be present in Europe? You’re just guessing aren’t you? I think Germany/Italy might be pretty strong in the setup. It’s certainly too early to say “allied victory too easy” don’t you think?

ya know that not what im talkin about. the setup(aka troops) might seam too balance it but ipcs win the war i ve seen too many games like that :x :x :x :x

But this was already the case as the Axis powers have stronger units in better positions at the start of the game with allies having economic advantage (and actually, kind of the point of the game and a reflection of history).  Thats the balance of the game, not simply economy to economy and starting position to starting position.  If an axis power started with the US economy (which is not a reflection of actual economic power) the allies wouldn’t stand a chance because the Axis is right ON the action unless russia and france had stronger starting units (and that wouldn’t be a reflection of history as they were caught by surprise).  Instead, the US has to spend a large amount of cash on transport and protection, and they don’t get into the fight right away, and to a lesser extent the UK as well as they have the channel and a modest but effective german navy/air force to deal with.  The point of playing axis is trying to overcome that long game advantage that the allies start with, while the allies are trying to slow the axis down until their economic surplus translates to the right units on the field.

• actually nobody aside from kreig has actually SEEN the map. so i dont see the point in complaining about what i dont know

• @Brain:

@idk_iam_swiss:

actually nobody aside from kreig has actually SEEN the map. so i dont see the point in complaining about what i dont know

Sadly, I am sure there will be something to complain about.

The Andorrans are on the edge of their seats…

• @Subotai:

There’s no reason to be concerned about the balance yet. Don’t know about AAP40, but AA50 and AA42 don’t need (unit) bids higher than Revised.

I cannot talk for copy-pasted games as AA42, but AA50 needs a bid for allies way higher than axis needed for Revised (that was zero in case of multiplayer face to face and I doubt more than 4 for one to one). Bids in Revised were inflated because monolitic 100% no tech+KGF+JTDTM fanmania, but Revised is the better balanced A&A game until the date, while AA50 is greatly unbalanced

• @Funcioneta:

KGF+JTDTM fanmania,

Why all this hate and loathing against effective gameplay? You don’t play to win?

• i always play for fun. would you beleive i havent had a game in this new pacific that hasnt lasted longer then 4 rounds?

• @idk_iam_swiss:

i always play for fun. would you beleive i havent had a game in this new pacific that hasnt lasted longer then 4 rounds?

You thinx Japan can capture 6 VC in 4 rounds ? Or the Allies can capture Japan in 4 rounds ?
    That sure would be Blitzkrieg, dude.

• @Subotai:

@Funcioneta:

KGF+JTDTM fanmania,

Why all this hate and loathing against effective gameplay? You don’t play to win?

A balanced aproach works for allies in Revised (they call it KJF), and it would work better if not where for the bid (medium bids to be able of playing allies are greatly inflated). Also Polar Express is a nice counter for gamey ignore Japan strat, you are not forced to follow JTDTM

The thing that annoys me is everybody just ignore Japan even if Japan is uberdiced J1 and the board is crying for a balanced approach. Online, I have played tons of games and faced zero times a allied balanced approach: they just KGF until end of ages. And many cannot understand how Whashington fallen before than Moscow. At least my FTF group is more imaginative  :-)

Many people never tried a balanced approach or a Polar Express in Revised (or german baltic fleet for that matter). Try them a couple of times and discover a fun and probably better strat or continue your scripted games, LL techless fanboy  :lol:

On topic, it’s too soon to see if global is balanced. I’m not decided about AA40P balance yet  because it has not obvious setup and rules failures as AA50 has

• I think total German IPC at start will be around 34 IPC (just a guess)
    Germany (3tt)–-12
    Austria----------2
    Czec------------2
    W Poland--------3
    Romania---------2  
    Hungary---------2  
    Slovakia---------2
    Norway----------3
    Finland----------2
    Denmark---------2
    Neth/Belg/Lux----2
    Some countries could be combined or worth only 1 IPC.

Then it will take France --7/8
    I also think there will be a couple pro-axis neutrals between Germany and Russia that Germany/Italy will be able to claim w/o consequence. Early conquest will also start giving the axis their NO’s. By the end of the 2nd round Germany should be over 50 IPC.
    Italy should start rather low but will have Albania and more tt in Africa to start. I’m thinking around 20 IPC total. It will also expand fast in to neutral countries/Africa and maybe take lower France (Vichy). By the end of rd2 it should be around 30-35 IPC w/NO’s.
    It should be easier for the axis to get their NO’s early on as they will be expanding. I also think convoy’s will play a bigger role in AA40E this should help Germany as well.

• I wonder if Free France will get some rules to deploy units after lose of Paris … maybe China style (only inf) or maybe a IC at French Congo …

Your guess seems OK, I guess then USSR will be in the 40s if they have to survive a bit … at least 10 for Siberia 20 from Europe and 10 from NOs …

• Romania
    Hungary
    Slovakia
    Norway
    Denmark
    Neth/Belg/Lux
    germany didnt control these contres till late 1940 and sinse the game starts earlyer in 1940 the would not be occupied
    -12 ipcs so its now 24

• @Funcioneta:

And many cannot understand how Whashington fallen before than Moscow.

I have not seen that in 20 years. I cannot imagine this happening if both players are close to semi-decent.

• @i:

Romania
    Hungary
    Slovakia
    Norway
    Denmark
    Neth/Belg/Lux
    germany didnt control these contres till late 1940 and sinse the game starts earlyer in 1940 the would not be occupied
    -12 ipcs so its now 24

The exact start date is June 4th, so mid 1940. Larry Harris has confirmed that all of these nations will be german controlled at the start of the game, Slovakia and Hungry are going to be one territory.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

@i:

Romania
    Hungary
    Slovakia
    Norway
    Denmark
    Neth/Belg/Lux
    -12 ipcs so its now 24

The exact start date is June 4th, so mid 1940. Larry Harris has confirmed that all of these nations will be german controlled at the start of the game, Slovakia and Hungry are going to be one territory.

Yea the info I posted was from Larry’s earlier posts where he (at that time) spilled the beans on these countries being under total German control at start (some could change). Like I said some of those countries could be combined. The IPC values are an educated guess, I derived from AA50. I think Germany’s income should be in the mid 30’s to start, with a good chance to expand rd1 through France. There may also be a couple of pro axis tt to the east (like Bulgaria) Germany can simply move into w/o consequences.

• @Funcioneta:

I wonder if Free France will get some rules to deploy units after lose of Paris … maybe China style (only inf) or maybe a IC at French Congo …

I wouldn’t count on it. Larry doesn’t like you to build after you loose your capital. Besides if you could just sprout up French rebels in Africa (like Chinese) they wouldn’t be able to leave Africa (ACME WALL) :?. Poor French couldn’t even help liberate Paris  :x. LOL

@Funcioneta:

Your guess seems OK, I guess then USSR will be in the 40s if they have to survive a bit … at least 10 for Siberia 20 from Europe and 10 from NOs …

Yea that sounds about right. I wonder if there will be any kind of lend lease for Russia, or if it will just be reflected through an NO again.

• @Subotai:

@Funcioneta:

And many cannot understand how Whashington fallen before than Moscow.

I have not seen that in 20 years. I cannot imagine this happening if both players are close to semi-decent.

Dude, stop thinking you are playing Classic (I suspect your tech hating is due 3 dice HBs nightmares): Revised was released 5 years ago  :lol: If they don’t try Polar Express or a balanced allied strat, they cannot win with those strats

I have played as axis at least 2 games with great opponents playing allied side and Whashington fallen before any other capital (courtesy from Polar Express as counter to ignore Japan strat). Other times allies surrendered because they had big economic disadvantage, and I lost only a couple of games. I have not the exact totals, but my win percentage as axis is greater with Polar Express than with JTDTM

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m