• EDIT: These pictures are from the 1st edition Pac40 game (out of book set-up from Dec, 2009). Not to be confused with later Alpha changes, or 2nd edition Pac40.

AA 40P Setup Pictures. Enjoy. :-D
    Whole Setup-  There is an inf an New Zealand Sorry missed it

Japan-

China-

India-

Anzac-

USA-

Mid Pacific-

• Nice pix, Wild Bill. Japan looks ready to go to war.

• Thanks, can’t take credit though dragged my 18 year old out of his room.

• Wow!  Nice setup!  I count 8 air units in Japan.  The cardboard stuff is ugly, it took me a while to figure out that one was an anchor.  Thanks for the pictures Wild Bill.

• Wild Bill,

Where do you get your plastic bins for the units? They look pretty useful. Thanks for the pics!

• Yea I’m not crazy about the card board. I will probably borrow a few things from my AA50 game. I used a few plastic AA guns in the picture, instead of the card board ones that came with it.  I thought about gluing the card board IC’s to the top of a real IC. If you line it up with one of the ribs on top at an angle it looks ok, and you can still tell by the # (3 or 10) what size it is.

On the plastic bins.
    I went to Meijer (department store) found them it the sporting goods by the tackle boxes.

• Yeah, the cardboard pieces don’t really tickle my fancy… I think I’ll use two plastic IC’s for major complex’s and only one for the minor complex’s. There seems to be plenty of room on the board for that system.

• Thank you for the pictures!! I can’t wait to get my copy :D

Those plastic holders do look nice. The one from AA50 had the disadvantage of not separating the units properly (when you carry the box around, all the units would mix up!)

Robert

• Couple things I noticed with the set up.

How many empty air strips the US has that are at Japans disposal. You have Guam, Midway, and Wake all start undefended. Also that the Philippines has no AB or NB.

Then Japan basically gets a free port at Kwangtung. Malaya comes with a port, and the UK will most likely be forced to back down if Japan heads that way early.

Ceylon (island off Indian coast) could be a good place for an AB to help protect the UK fleet in sz 39.

I also used all the Japanese tac bmrs that came with it, and some are chipped.

• Anzac looks quite weak to be honest :O

And I just realized that we won’t be getting any additional tac bombers with AA Europe… Japan isn’t in the game!!! Would love to get more game, but money is an issue -.-
    Oh well, gray/red chips is the way to go :P

• Thanks Wild Bill for those pic’s!  I would agree that Anzac is looking pretty weak :-(  Can’t wait to see this great game under my tree! :-D

• Finally! Thanks Bill for the pics. :mrgreen:

+1

• I see you broke out the plastic AAGuns. If I wanted cardboard chits, I’d play Panzer Leader.

• Is NZ missing its infantry unit?

• Naval bases seem like guitars …  :-P

• @hyogoetophile:

Is NZ missing its infantry unit?

Nice pick up. He must have got knocked off when I was setting up the US, found him on the floor.

• I don’t see how Japan loses with all of those planes… I know I haven’t played it, but that’s my impression. I hope I’m wrong.

• Hey WIld Bill thanks for the pics +1 to you!!

Can you upload some more pics later on in mid and late game  :mrgreen:

That would be orsm.

• Are those new Japanese artillery pieces? I seem to remember that mine from every version of the game up until A&A50 has arty that looks identical to the ones in the pic, but the “legs” are closed together rather than spread apart like in these photos. Am I crazy? Oh yeah, first post!

• Re; Japan art
    Yes they are new, Krieg said they are the same unit just in a firing position now.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m