• I’m new to Axis and Allies 1942, I have only played the old computer version of the original 1984 edition and am now loving the updated 1942 board game. I’d like the anniversary edition but will not pay for it.  My questions is has anyone ever created variations to the set up of the game? I know the setup is supposed to be historically accurate, but its boring setting up and playing the first round the same way every time. Any links or alternate unbalanced set-up ideas would be great, thanks.

• yes check my files under AA50 house rules

• Why would you play the same way the first round every time?

• Customizer

I can and do see people playing the first turn of the first round (ie: russia turn 1) the same every time…. but after that it starts to get pretty different.  Germany turn 1 can be pretty different every game, depending on how russia’s turn 1 turned out, how aggressive you feel today, what you have been drinking, and if the moon is out, etc.

• I know after the first round the game can vary, I was just tired of the Japs killing the Hawaiian Island fleet every first round and having the same pieces to work with, just an alternate set-up would perhaps make the game feel fresh and even more fun setting up the game. I know everyone on this website will hate me saying this but setting up RISK is more exciting with the random assignment of territories, each game is completely different.

• @cressman, you lack creativity :-)

• @cressman8064:

I know after the first round the game can vary, I was just tired of the Japs killing the Hawaiian Island fleet every first round and having the same pieces to work with, just an alternate set-up would perhaps make the game feel fresh and even more fun setting up the game. I know everyone on this website will hate me saying this but setting up RISK is more exciting with the random assignment of territories, each game is completely different.

This version is only a few months old and it has all new naval pricing, a new boat, different initial naval set ups,  new BR rules, cheaper bombers. Those changes alone make it radically different than revised. Add in the dice roles and you have no idea what round two is going to look like.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m