• *5 IPCs (once and only once) for occupying any territory that was originally Japanese controlled.

I don’t quite understand the once and only once. Does it mean:

A) The bonus is only offered one time, for one ANZAC collect income phase, after they have control of any original Japanese territory?

B) The bonus is only offered for ANZAC controlling one original Japanese territory, and the bonus is not offered for each original Japanese territory that ANZAC controls. The bonus is given during each ANZAC collect income phase where they meet this NO?

From what  read my understanding would be (B). I hope that ANZAC doesn’t get screwed like that and can only get one of their NO’s just one time during the entire game. Please clarify! Thank you!

Oh, and btw, this game isn’t out yet right? I thought it was Tuesday the 15th, but I saw someone post that they got it today and they live in Holland. (I’m in Nebraska USA). Thanks again.

• Official Q&A

The answer is A.

Apparently, some naughty on-line vendors in Europe and Australia are releasing their copies early.  :-o

• Really they only get that bonus once? Thats not fun. Is that just because its so easy to get and maybe ANZAC would be a little too powerful with an easy bonus 5 every turn? I may just house rule that they can keep it each collect income phase, we’ll see. Hey, Italy gets double its income, super easily from their NO’s in AA50. Anyway, thanks for the reply!

Boo European and Australian vendors!

• How come my vendor won’t give me my copy early?

• It should be “1 IPC for each originaly japanese territory under allied control, up to a maximum of 5”

So if the US takes the Carolines and the Marinas, ANZAC gets 2 IPCs for its bonus

The once in a lifetime offer of 5 IPCs is a little lame

And whats up with china getting a 6 IPC bonus? Keep them all to 5 for simplicity…or make more than just china’s variable

• @oztea:

It should be “1 IPC for each originaly japanese territory under allied control, up to a maximum of 5”

So if the US takes the Carolines and the Marinas, ANZAC gets 2 IPCs for its bonus

The once in a lifetime offer of 5 IPCs is a little lame

And whats up with china getting a 6 IPC bonus? Keep them all to 5 for simplicity…or make more than just china’s variable

All china can buy is infantry and artillery so it’s for simplicities sake. 5 would give you leftovers.

• now that you can buy artillery for 4 IPCs you’re going to have leftovers anyway if you buy one artillery

12+6 = 18  you could get 3 artillery and 2 guys, but odds are you will get something less artillery heavy

• A) The bonus is only offered one time, for one ANZAC collect income phase, after they have control of any original Japanese territory?

@Krieghund:

The answer is A.

Krieg still a little fuzzy. Are you saying that the Anzac can only collect this bonus one time the entire game.

• @Krieghund:

Apparently, some naughty on-line vendors in Europe and Australia are releasing their copies early.   :-o

No online vendors. It is in the stores here. I just walked i a shop last Thursday and picked up a copy.

• I think another reason that this NO is offered is to show the morale boost by the ANZAC for their first victory over the Japanese. A $5 boost is better than a $0 boost, that 's for sure.

• to get this NO, does ANZAC have to be the one taking over an original Japanese territory or can other allies take over an original Japanese territory and ANZAC still gets the one time NO of +5?

• bump

• *5 IPCs (once and only once) for occupying any territory that was originally Japanese controlled.

Though it doesn’t specifically say, (I don’t have my rulebook with me I’m just looking at the NO’s that were posted on this website’s homepage) this wording leads me to believe that it has to be ANZAC that occupies an original Japanese territory to receive this bonus.

• Seems fairly logical to me, ANZAC has to something to get that bonus in return.

• Customizer

bumping this to get an answer to the second part of the question:

does it have to be ANZAC that conquers/controls the originally Japanese territory? (or can it be any of the allied powers?)
    originally Japanese territory means places like Iwo Jima, Siam, and Paulau Island, BUT does NOT include places like Kwangsi, Manchuria, right?
    and of course, the one that is already answered, that this NO only happens once, and subsequent turns that ANZAC controls such territory do not do anything…. why?

• Official Q&A

@Veqryn:

does it have to be ANZAC that conquers/controls the originally Japanese territory? (or can it be any of the allied powers?)

ANZAC must occupy the territory.  Another Allied power may have taken it from Japan, but ANZAC must have a unit there.

@Veqryn:

originally Japanese territory means places like Iwo Jima, Siam, and Paulau Island, BUT does NOT include places like Kwangsi, Manchuria, right?

Correct.

@Veqryn:

and of course, the one that is already answered, that this NO only happens once, and subsequent turns that ANZAC controls such territory do not do anything…. why?

This NO represents the morale boost of a relatively minor power setting foot on a powerful enemy’s territory for the first time.  Once the novelty wears off, it doesn’t apply anymore.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m