• Considering the french army only has one new sculpt, its infantry… what sculpts will flesh out the French army when E40 comes out?

All units will be blue of course…

Infantry - French Infantry
    Artilerty - Allied artilery or (New)Japanese Artilery
    Mech Infantry - Allied Mech Infantry
    Armor - Italian Tankw or Japanese Tank
    Fighter - Soviet Fighter
    Fighter Bomber - Japanese Fighter Bomber
    Bomber - UK Bomber
    Submarine - Allied Submarine
    Destroyer - German Destroyer
    Cruiser - (New) Soviet Cruiser
    Carrier - German Carrier
    Battleship - (New) Soviet Battle Ship
    Transport - Allied Transport

Larry…the crafty old dog didnt make new naval sculpts for Russia…he made them with France in mind and used them for 42’ russia…

• I would use all Soveit units for France, except for the tank in which case they should use the british one.

I really hope france gets its own tank and navy though.

• I will use the FMG sculpts when if and when they become available.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

I really hope france gets its own tank and navy though.

Already been confirmed that their only unique sculpt is infantry. Would be nice though.

@Brain:

I will use the FMG sculpts when if and when they become available.

Yes

• Customizer

It would be neat if the French units came with little white flags  :-D.

(Someone had to say it.)

• @jim010:

It would be neat if the French units came with little white flags  :-D.

(Someone had to say it.)

No that is not very funny. If any infantry should come with a white flag, it would be the british infantry at Singapore in 1942. On that day 150 000 brits surrendered to 35 000 japanese without a fight. If ships can come with white flags, I hope the neutral Sweden cruisers have them. Remember Psilander, when a single brit cruiser make 4 swedish cruisers surrender without a fight, outside the Phaero island in 1942. Butt the french, they did put up a fight, they did defend themselfs. A half million casualties prove that.

• Now Razor want to adress the topic.

French infantry is nation specific. (Promises, promises)
    Artillery is typical allied, used by all 5 allied nations. (Why am I not surprised ?)
    Mech inf is M3 ( used by 4 of the allies)
    Tank should be US Sherman. (They did use a lot of US equipement.)

All aircrafts should be russian molds.

Destroyer and cruiser should be russian molds.
    The other ships should be US molds.

Oh and BTW, what retard have smited me 10 times ? I am new to the forum for christ sake, how about putting up some respect ? What kind of place is this ?

• @Razor:

Oh and BTW, what retard have smited me 10 times ? I am new to the forum for christ sake, how about putting up some respect ? What kind of place is this ?

Why do you talk in the third person?

I still haven’t even figured out how people do them anyway.

• @bennyboyg:

Why do you talk in the third person?

Because Razor come from Sweden. They all talk like that. You should know that. Now bennyboyg must stay to topic.

• No sherman for france
    Its going to look silly if the germans attack a stack of french sherman tanks in 1940.
    France will be out of the game by turn 3, I vote the Japanese tank for them….

• yea me too. Japanese tank looks similar to the Renault french tank

• @Imperious:

yea me too. Japanese tank looks similar to the Renault french tank

I see what you guys mean, but that is an axis unit. I think the matilda is better. Cetainly no Sherman.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

@Imperious:

yea me too. Japanese tank looks similar to the Renault french tank

I see what you guys mean, but that is an axis unit. I think the matilda is better. Cetainly no Sherman.

They’re not going to make a new model for it. Japanese tanks would probably work best with the existing models.

• Those cheap@$$ chimps at WOTC. I wouldn’t be surprised if the french troops are printed on chits.

• @Brain:

Those cheap@$$ chimps at WOTC. I wouldn’t be surprised if the french troops are printed on chits.

I think I would probably cry. Then the cardboard would get all wet.

• They keep getting cheaper with their product. They need some good competition.

• No that is not very funny. If any infantry should come with a white flag, it would be the british infantry at Singapore in 1942. On that day 150 000 brits surrendered to 35 000 japanese without a fight.

Not really true. 80-something thousand - a patchwork army - of Brits/Aussies/Indians/Malayans surrendered after a two month struggle during which time all air cover was lost, naval assistance was destroyed and the island was almost entirely overrun by a more cohesive and experienced enemy force. The Allies at the end were constantly being bombed from above, they had no water and supplies, and they were fighting against a Japanese army with tanks and air support all while trying to protect the large civilian population. Not knowing the Japanese would turn out to be inhuman monsters, they opted to surrender rather than counterattack, which wasn’t really possible anyway.

They keep getting cheaper with their product. They need some good competition.

It’s odd, because their cheapness seems unnecessary. They already have all the sculpts they need from other games, yet they seem to want to cut back on little things like paper money (dirt cheap), IC’s and Anti-Aircraft (already have molds - plastic is cheap), and waste time on sculpts for the Russian navy (why?)

There is no competition, not in the plastic mini category anyway. Eagle Games tanked after they had a promising start. Now WOTC and the A&A line is all we have!

• Eagle Games had decent minis but they didn’t have a good WWII game.

• Eagle Games had decent minis but they didn’t have a good WWII game.

They didnt have any ww2 game. They had a comic book game based on alternative reality of a world that never existed.

• @Imperious:

Eagle Games had decent minis but they didn’t have a good WWII game.

They didnt have any ww2 game. They had a comic book game based on alternative reality of a world that never existed.

Exactly! They didn’t just not have a GOOD WWII game they didn’t have ANY WWII game!  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m