• I hope this isn’t old news, but I looked at the map on Boardgame Geek and I noticed what I am assuming is the kamikaze symbol watermarked on the board.  This is in addition to the convoy watermarks.  The watermark appears to be the same as the symbol on the kamikaze counter.  This watermark is on six sea zones:  Japan, Formosa, Okinawa, Marianas, Iwo, and the Philippines.  If it is watermarked on the board already I wondered what the counters are for?  Maybe just to keep track of how many you have left?

• Probably when they are used you remove the counter that is over the map icon, so that the same attack does not take place twice in the same sea zone?

• See Pacific 1940 review copy has arrived, page 5, reply #60.

• Kamikaze Question to Kevin:

from Rulebook:
    “Kamikaze Attacks can only occur after one or more of the following islands are captured or re-captured by the Allies - Phillipines, Marianas, Okinava and/or Iwo Jima.”

So the first time US attack Phillipines, there will be no kamikaze attacks, even if the adjacent seazone got the symbol ?
    But next time US move into a seazone with the K-symbol, then the Kamikazes will attack ?

Am I right ?

• @Razor:

Kamikaze Question to Kevin:

from Rulebook:
    “Kamikaze Attacks can only occur after one or more of the following islands are captured or re-captured by the Allies - Phillipines, Marianas, Okinava and/or Iwo Jima.”

So the first time US attack Phillipines, there will be no kamikaze attacks, even if the adjacent seazone got the symbol ?
    But next time US move into a seazone with the K-symbol, then the Kamikazes will attack ?

Am I right ?

phillipines start under american control, so japs take it (round 1 or 2). then US retakes it and then japan may use its kamikazes

• Official Q&A

That’s right.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m