1. There are some rules variants that offer “Dog Fighting”.  These apply to air units involved in land combat; where air units must first “dog fight” one another before their hits can be applied to land units.  During “Dog Fighting”, the air units attack/defense is different from their standard Attack/Defense. (for example in dog fighting, a bomber attacks at 1 rather than 4).

For those who play a form of the above rule:

• Do you play the dog fight and land battle simultaneously, or

• Resolve the dog fight and then have remiaining air units revert to their standard attack/defense and can now score hits against land units?

1. Does anyone use a similar rule for naval battles?  For example:

2 US bombers + 4 US Fighters attack 3 Japanese Carriers, 4 Japanses planes, 1 Destroyer and 2 Crusiers

Do the planes all attack at standard rolls and can can the defender apply the hits to either naval or air units?  Or does dog fighting ensue, and air combat resolved before the naval units are affected?

Appreciate any feedback!

• Which edition are you intending on using these rules for?

• I play an Ad-Hoc version of the game using a global map (Deaths Head Map in the “Variants” thread) and rules version I compiled under “Minor Axis and Allies Powers” in the “House Rules” thread.  This version incorporates Minor Axis and Allied power into gameply and pulls rules ideas from many other areas of this site.  Dog Fighting was one of those rules that appeared in AAHE….just wanted to make sure I’m interpreting this rule properly…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m