• Just wanted to share that Funcioneta and I recently completed a game (1942 scenario).
    We played about 7 rounds.  We didn’t spend a whole lot on tech - I spent a bit more than him - but get this -

We rolled 31 dice for tech throughout the game without getting a single 6.  :-o

So don’t save up your money until you have 155 IPC’s and buy 31 researchers, because there is still a chance you won’t get a breakthrough  :lol:

Who knows how long it would have taken us to get tech if the game lasted longer than it did.

Do you have a strange (not necessarily bad) result from rolling dice, for our enjoyment?

• Sounds like a funny outcome. We were playing a game this past Friday when a friend was flying(German planes) over France to attack the British navy. France was occupied by the Brits and U.S. He brought in 4 planes (among others from other directions) to chance it over the aa guns in France. had no choice but to fly over them.  The defender rolled 4 dice and every one of them came up a “1”. All four planes were destroyed and thus the German navy didnt last long after. The planes were counted on to increase the attacking odds. Funniest thing I have ever seen. Been playing for years and never saw that before.

• That’s a good one, spitfire!
    I’ve seen 3 out of 3 AA’s, but 4 for 4 is much rarer!
    You must be playing Revised?  AA50 doesn’t have always active AA guns, so that doesn’t happen in AA50.

• This was in AA50. They were flying from Italy. The German plays were attempting to protect the Italians. We tend to play with active AA guns as it seems more realistic in my eyes. The odds of 4 ones are insane to begin with. The sight on the German players face was priceless. Worse was that I was his Japanese ally. From this point, I was the allies target.

• I’ve had so many rare outcomes from dice rolls I don’t know where to start, and an average human brain is not capable of remembering all those rare dice rolls.

One word…LL…!

• '10

@Subotai:

I’ve had so many rare outcomes from dice rolls I don’t know where to start, and an average human brain is not capable of remembering all those rare dice rolls.

One word…LL…!

I’ve had some terrible dice in my last 3 games  latest example : 3 ftrs attack a lone dd. It takes 3 rounds before I roll a 3  and lose 2 of the 3 planes.

Still not ready for LL  Dice is part of the game

• The outcome of any battle is never a sure thing so the dice reflect that.

• Great point, Brain Damaged, but back to the topic, please.
    Looking for strange, rare outcomes of dice rolls (not necessarily about the times you got “diced”)
    For example, you attacked with 3 1’s, 4 2’s, 6 3’s, and 2 4’s, and hit nothing.  Then in the second round, everything hit.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

1. My first Axis and Allies Roll.

the 1984 version, I was America, bought 3 tech Dice.

6 6 6.

Back then, the rules were you got a tech for each successful dice :)  gotHB, Industrial Production, jet fgt

Not too damn bad I thought, i was instantly hooked to the game! :)

1. America again, several years later, 1984 version, A lone transport succesfully sinks both attack Japanese Battleships ! And Lives! :) :) :) that was game.

2. Operation Sea Lion Gone Wrong.

playing my 2nd game of Europe, as UK, So concerned for Russia, missed the Sea Lion! :s (noob mistake I know) Germans came in, hit 5/6 with anti air.  Not 100% like some of you other people, but again not bad.

1. Revised, the Moscow Disaster.

Playing as Germany, doing ok, a tight game. Finally got a decent shot at Russia, with decent odds. Go all in, roll sub-par with tanks, :/ figure my 9 fgt’s will make up for it. Right? Roll 9 dice.

WRONG!

NO HITS!

WTF!

PWNED.

Game. :s

• Thanks, Gargantua, those were great!  Exactly the kind of things I was hoping to draw out from people.  Thanks again.
    BTW those 100% AA’s were only 3 or 4!  5 for 6 - that’s freaking awesome!
    But I loved the triple 6 on your first time as America.  Hahaha - that’ll never happen again thanks to rule changes!
    HB, Jets and Industrial prod, holy cow!  Game over!
    With the 2 Jap battleships - that was 1-hit battleship days, right?  But still!  One 1 beats out 2 4’s?  Hahaha - that would have been great.  I wish I could have peeked in on your games when these things happened.

• Customizer

played 1942 recently, as russia first turn, attacked Ukraine with everything that could reach it, attacked Western Russia with everything else.
    I’m attacking west rus with 9 infantry, 1 art, 1 tank…  I miss with all my rolls, he hits will all of his.  I go again, i get 1 hit, to his all but 1 hit.
    Ukraine i managed to win with just a fighter and tank left.

immediately conceded and proceded to bitch the rest of the night

ps: four 1s for those AA hits is a 0.0772% chance, which is lowest so far mentioned.

• For those battles I’ve calced the odds afterwards, I’ve had 1 of 500, in AA50 once, some (probably 4) ftrs vs the American battleship J1. But I’ve read elsewhere on the web that someone once got 12 of 13 aircraft shot down in one roll….!

• Thanks veqryn. I didnt realize it was almost 3/4’s of a one percent chance. Those are insane odds.

• @CanadianSpitfire1:

Thanks veqryn. I didnt realize it was almost 3/4’s of a one percent chance. Those are insane odds.

3/4 of one percent is 0.75%
    He calculated .0772% which is 8/100’s of one percent chance!  :wink:
    And I calculated it too - he’s right!
    7.72% of 1%, in other words.  :-)

• I have a friend who took UK on G1. The Allies re-took it with a small land force. On G2 he attacked again with 2 inf and 5 fighter’s. You guessed it, 5 1’s on AA. Game over!

• Was that AA50?  Did he get LRA on G1 or something?

Thanks for sharing, Todd.

• It was revised when it first came out, and he did tech for LRA on G1.

• Recent game of 1942 edition.

After having played dozens of games of AA50, we decided to try out 1942 just for fun.  I was playing the UK and USSR.
    USSR was getting hammered, the US was taking France (finally) and the UK, having no fleet and no ground forces to speak of, I decided to go heavy on air power.

Sending in 4 bombers to Germany, along with a couple fighters to take out the germans latest small homeland build, I figured that I would be able to cripple their production round after round at the very least.  Considering the previous dozens of games I had only ever seen ONE bomber taken out by AA.

ALL 4 Bombers were taken out by AA!  And then my fighters proceeded to get demolished by a couple of infantry.
    /sob.

• Never underestimate the devastation AA can wreak!  :evil:

• we were playing a tight game of '41. I was Germany and was doing a bomber strat. UK saw an opening so they tried a berlin assault. I took a chance and left my bombers, taking inf as casualties then proceeded to roll three ones with my three bombers! back breaker.

years earlier in a game of classic moscow had fallen but germany was being bombed to oblivion by my fleet of 10 uk bombers, then his AA got hot and hit 8 of 10! game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m