• I have taken the u.k. before in around 4 turns. I was forced to draw my attention from russia onto them, thus by the time the u.k. had fallen i was at a virtual stand still after i had organized my forces and concentrated them on russia. the u.s. kept japan busy while the soviets kept me occupied. what should i do?

• With England gone you have some breathing room. Go after Africa while the British are hurt. Build 2 transports in the Med and funnel Infantry into Africa. Keep the stalemate with Russia. The IPCs you get from Africa will help break the stalemate in your favor. Also send more Infantry to England so the Allies can’t take it back. Also see if you can go into the Middle East and threaten India. And try and work together with Japan to keep Britian down.Then the gave is 2v2 and the odds for winning are better. Hope this helps.

• Taking on UK can be done only on a surprise basis–your enemies must have no idea you are planning to go vs. UK until it’s too late for them to do anything about it. Even so, it’s risky…it’s rare that vs. expert players you’d even have a chance. But since you did it once… :wink:

Do as waraxis says and play all-out economic war vs. UK. Take India, take Australia; Germany should deploy heavily in Africa, take as much territory as possible, then attempt to link up w/ Japan through the Suez. You will be in the impossible compromise situation of having to save your FTRs & BMR for the attack, while at the same time keeping Allied ships away from North Sea. This is important as well because if the Allies start loading INF into USSR it will be impossible for you to survive. With a good 1/2->2/3 of the Japanese fleet in the Med, you will buy yourself a little time to build some TRs as Germany–build 'em all in 1 turn! The round of the assault, attack with all available Japanese forces to soften up the UK & take over the North Sea SZ. Then, on Germany’s turn, launch the main invasion.

Since UK is poor anyway, you will not net very many IPCs from plunder, but you have siezed an Allied capital that will be almost as difficult for them to liberate as it was for you to conquer.

Now just conquer USSR and you win! :o

As you can see, this is an extremely difficult maneuver to pull off, and one the Allies have to be practically helping you to do! But who knows? With the element of surprise–and if USA deploys in the Pacific…you never know…

My advice–kill USSR. If you can do that, THEN try to take UK. Or even USA, since they are sometimes easier to kill at that point in the game!

Ozone27

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m