• i have chance to buy GC for twenty bucks, brand new.  is it worth it?  i have never played GC.  played pacific, europe, and d-day, enjoyed them all, till AA50 came out.  AA50 is all  i play now.  so should i buy GC for $20, if nothing else but for the pieces?

• Official Q&A

I think so.  However, be prepared.  It’s very different from the games you’ve played.

• thanks krieg, i think i will.  looks kinda different, just from the back of the box.  only 5 islands, must be lots of naval and air stuff going on.

• '10

It’s not bad but probably will be “played out” quickly.  The battle box method of resolving battles is neat.

When I saw the post I thought you were referring to Gonococcus for $20. You probably could get that for less and it may be more fun.

• @katfishkris:

i have chance to buy GC for twenty bucks, brand new.  is it worth it?  i have never played GC.  played pacific, europe, and d-day, enjoyed them all, till AA50 came out.  AA50 is all  i play now.  so should i buy GC for $20, if nothing else but for the pieces?

Any A&A boardgame is a bargain at $20. I’ve had a lot of fun with Guadalcanal.

No tanks though as far as ‘pieces farm’ goes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m