• I have a question: suppose that Germany decides not to attack the UK fleet in the first turn, but to use his airpower elsewhere instead. What would be the best way for UK to take advantage of that? Should he retreat the fleet from this “dead zone” or should he try to reinforce it (looks hard if the fighters/bomber remain in the neighbourhood)? Thanks for your advice!

• '19 Moderator

I would build 3 transports and move all the allied ships to the UK including the Battleship at Gibralter.

Red

[ This Message was edited by: dezrtfish on 2002-01-17 07:14 ]

• i would use the BS at gibraltar and the sub if it survived to destroy the german mediterranean fleet. And use the other ships to attack scandinavia, africa or western europe. Then buy 1 tranny, 1 factory and 2 infantry i think, depends what your game strategy is.

• Attack Med Fleet with 1 Bb 1 bomber. Africa is yours, congrats. build Transports. Germany is yours, congrats.

• I agree with the others…destroy the Med. fleet, and Africa is secure, then focus on the Baltic. The whole reason for Germany to eliminate the UK fleet is so they can buy time…time to gain as much of Africa as possible, and time to keep the allies out of Europe. So if they don’t attack the UK fleet, they’ve lit a short fuse…as long as the UK pounce on the opportunity.

• dezrtfish is right on with this one.

• CONSOLADATE YOUR FLEET IN 1 SEA ZONE, DON’T GIVE GERMANY A SECOND CHANCE!! GERMANY NOW JUST OPENED THEMSELVES UP TO A 2 FRONT WAR!
    AS FOR THE MED FLEET, A COUPLE OF ROUNDS YOU’LL HAVE THE ABILLITY TO TAKE THEM OUT OR TO EASILY TAKE ANY THING BACK IN AFRICA WHICH THE NAZI’S STEAL.

• ENSURE TO BUY ALL TRANSPORTS(MENTIONED ABOVE) AND INFANTRY

• Not always****
    But sometimes try building an aircraft carrier and a fighter with UK. send US fighters to land on it so that after turn 1 you have 1(maybe 2) battleships, 1-3 transports, aircraft carrier with 2 fighters. At this point germany will have to divert all of its aircraft and navy to even have a chance to destroy your fleet. Also they will not be purchasing more airpower for the lack of money (if the russian player knows what hes doing)

• Build Aircraft carrier and a tranny.
    get US to put two fighters on your carrier and you should be fine. however, if Germany choses to attack, then they will most likely loose most of their fighters, so its sortof a win win sitiation.
    As for earlier posts about UK wining Africa… If the german player is somewhat clever, he takes out the entire UK navy 1st turn, so for the few following turns, Africa is lost, but if you build the fleet i surgested, or any other fleet you see fit for that matter, you should be able to take out the rest of germanys navy, and retake africa.
    Its not often UK keeps thier navy, but if they do, the game is sealed, really.

However, an importatn factor for any of this to work is that russia sends their navy to england as fodder, and that US protects the carrier with both fighters. Also they must continually send transports and inf over to Europe.

Should work fine.

• What I would do is buy 2 transports,2 tanks and 1 ifintry. and attack with the strongest attackers ( attack 3 or 4) from Gibralter, ands the U.K. and take over western europe. then on your next turn put all fighters in Western Europe if it hasnt been retaken. and Attack with everything possible. Lighten the U.K. as much as you can and attack Germany because now Japan is hopeless.

• Generally, I agree with those who suggest buying 1 or more trannies and ground forces. I am assuming that your opponent literally has left the entire UK Navy intact. If so, you already have 2 trannies, so two more is sufficient. Oh…and buy some champagne…the troops will appreciate it soon enough.

BUT…celebration is not certain…nor is the buy. You have not told us what those air were doing and what the end of G1 looks like…so one cannot be absolutely certain. Perhaps in a fit of insanity, Adolph decided to hit Karelia on G1 with everything…and perhaps he was successful. Do you now need to use the fleet to liberate Karelia? If so, buying naked trannies on UK 1 ain’t too good, is it?

Nevertheless, it sounds like you are playing a very weak opponent. So in the absence of further info…2 trannies and the troops to fill your 4 trannies on UK2 is just fine (3Inf/1 Arm). Use the Can Inf, Arm and 1 UK Inf against WE or Finland on UK1 and with this buy you will have exactly enough to fill the 4 trannies again on UK2.

SUD

• Consider this situation:

Russia T1 destroy Germany’s baltic fleet, SUB and TRN end up in UK SZ.

GER T1 Sunk BB in GIB. Sunk TRN in LAB.

Now, my usual strategy is to buy a UK AC, then land US FGT’s in UK SZ, and walk in (albeit slowly into Germany).

Q1. I’m thinking, is it worth UK purchasing 1BB during T1. This leaves 2 BB in UK SZ, so I can throw away 1 INF per turn into WEu and take 1 probably 2 casualties?

The only problem is that this fleet is in range of 4 FGT, 1 BMB from Germany (the other SUB will be sunk by UK/US bombers on their way to russia), but it would cost most of the airforce to take the fleet…

Q2. If I can link this strategy with the US Pacific fleet which might be able to sneak through Panama, then purchase 1 US BB on US T2, on US T3 I can have 2 UK BB, 2 US BB, and then for a cost of 1 INF each per turn I can be wreaking havoc in WEu - what do you think of that?

Cheers

• when this happens it usually means that karelia is a bloody mess. I agree with the purchase of an arcraft carrer and one plane. the us needs it’s resources to stop japan from insuring axis victory over russia, so - depending on how things go in karelia you can either take western europe, spain, or land forces in gibralter… or as i have found right in the midst of a forward air field in eastern europe or finland. sometimes if the germans are in bad enough shape i’ve even been able to help russia recover karelia. but these are basically spoilling attacks. designed to divert forces away from russia. with the aircraft carrier in place germany can’t afford to attack your fleet. so you are not stuck on your island, and any trasport fleet you build for a real invasion will be safe. challenge my opinion at danwatkins01@yahoo.com but come prepared!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m