• This is bull, the only Canadian seller I’ve found is selling it way overpriced:
    http://www.boardgames4us.ca/avh-21745.html

Subtotal
    $116.95
    Discount(s)

• $0.00
      Shipping
      $15.51
      Taxes
      $15.89
      Balance Total
      $148.35

Either I wait until I can find it from a different Canadian seller, or I pay a load of money for shipping from the US.
    I’m too poor to live in Canada  :|

• Customizer

take a 1 mile journey south?  (i mean 1.6 km journey south… sorry)

• I will look for a store near the border, but going on a road trip for a few hours doesn’t really save any money, and even then I still have to pay duty which is like 15%.

• Hey look, I know your new here. but there is no need to swear. Honestly. have you looked into europeon sellers. They have comparitve advantages as well. Or you could just wait. you dont NEED to pre-order, and there is bound to be a store that sells it in Ontario. Youd think having the privelegde of  being Americas hat that you would be calmer and wouldnt need to swear like a 13 year old.

• His name is Mr Evil Guy.

• Haha the forum rules allow swearing (as far as I’ve read), so take it up with the mods if you want to start an anti-curse crusade.

Aside from that, I would agree with you that I don’t necessarily need to preorder it, but if you’ve read some of the other threads, many seem to be recommending a preorder, since this may turn out like an A&A 50th Anniversary situation where I’d end up paying 200+ for a copy from ebay.

• How hard would it be to sneak it across the border?

• Risky - they do random checks, and, while it is unlikely, if I do get caught, the fine will be far greater than the worth of the entire game.

• Are you in rural canada, or the french part of canada? the reason I ask is I think there are a few novelty shops in quebec

(quebec for people who dont already know)

• I’m in BC, far away from Quebec - but that is a good idea… since I only searched online, I probably missed some small novelty shops around Vancouver that I might be able to preorder from if I actually go to the shop in person.

• @MrEvilGuy:

Balance Total
    $148.35

dang… and that’s with a stronger Canadian dollar vs the US dollar…

• @MrEvilGuy:

Risky - they do random checks, and, while it is unlikely, if I do get caught, the fine will be far greater than the worth of the entire game.

How would they know that you bought it in the US. Couldn’t you say that you took it with you.

• @Brain:

@MrEvilGuy:

Risky - they do random checks, and, while it is unlikely, if I do get caught, the fine will be far greater than the worth of the entire game.

How would they know that you bought it in the US. Couldn’t you say that you took it with you.

Then he would have to open the box, find someone to play it like 10 times, and yes then its free

• @Adlertag:

@Brain:

@MrEvilGuy:

Then he would have to open the box, find someone to play it like 10 times, and yes then its free

Technically I could probably get away with it, but if the border guard starts asking me a shitload of questions about it I might crack under the pressure. I may end up sneaking it, but even so the cost of gas to drive down there almost makes it pointless.

• Oh, I guess you dont live close to the border.

On another note, you need an avatar.

• nice I got -2 karma from this thread

• Can’t you just order it over the internet? Yes, the shipping will bring the game to 80-90$, but its far less than 112 :)

Robert

• Is that 112 Canadien or US Dollars?

• ohh that is a bit of a difference

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

Yo EvilDude,

If you live in or near Vancouver, Dextrol Games is on 4th and MacDonald. They will order you a copy and you can guarantee one on release day for the regular retail price. This is how I got AA1942 and it is how I will be getting both of the AA1940 games. Plus, the girl who works there is pretty cute too.  :wink:

And if you go by there you can stop by my place for a game because I only live 4 blocks away!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m