Pacific 1940 - Limited Edition or not?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

After a quick look around the internet, the pricing on this game is definitely higher than I was hoping. I’m seeing $75-85 with a ton of shipping no doubt. So does that mean we’re in for two more “Limited Edition” games? I know the quality and size is higher than standard with it being on par to AA50, but $60 X 2 would have been easier to swallow than almost $200 for the new set.

Come on Krieg, what’s the story?

• Official Q&A

I wish I knew.  The inner workings of Avalon Hill are a complete mystery.  Even when I can get a straight answer (which I can’t on this issue), they may change their minds later.  I don’t think they know themselves at this point.  It may depend on how initial sales for Pacific go.

If you want these games, get them while you can.  I wish I could be more helpful.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Krieghund:

If you want these games, get them while you can.  I wish I could be more helpful.

I think that’s pretty helpful and it answers my question. Just have to do it. You guys have any job openings? Employee discount?  :-D

• Does Krieg work for Avalon Hill?

• Official Q&A

No.  I “work” for Larry Harris.

• Sounds like a great job. Why doesn’t he start his own game company?

• Official Q&A

It’s complicated…

• I’ve got the time. Do tell.

• Guess i have to pre-order now at once from the USA. I don’t trust AH to send enough copies of it to Norway. ;) I have to be 100% certain to have both the Pacific and Europe version by the next summer.

No norwegian game sites have the Pacific game listed yet either, so I don’t take any chances. These games are worth extra custom fees and shipping costs indeed.

• It is certainly not worth the risk of waiting and being in the position of those unfortunate ones who missed out on AA50. That thing is going for around $250 on ebay last time I checked. You know you are going to buy it anyway so might as well pre-order it and be one of the first to get it.

• @Andy_Dandy:

Guess i have to pre-order now at once from the USA. I don’t trust AH to send enough copies of it to Norway. ;) I have to be 100% certain to have both the Pacific and Europe version by the next summer.

No norwegian game sites have the Pacific game listed yet either, so I don’t take any chances. These games are worth extra custom fees and shipping costs indeed.

Hvis vi går flere sammen kan vi dele på shipping-kostnadene. Forutsatt at det koster like mye å sende flere spill som det koster for ett. Men jeg regner med at Spillsjefen kommer til å ta dem inn, men det tryggeste er nok å pre-order.

• Hvis vi går flere sammen kan vi dele på shipping-kostnadene. Forutsatt at det koster like mye å sende flere spill som det koster for ett. Men jeg regner med at Spillsjefen kommer til å ta dem inn, men det tryggeste er nok å pre-order.

WTF

• It’s Adlertag’s response to Andy Dandy.  I think it’s something about combined shipping?  To save money by combining pre-orders?

@Andy_Dandy:

Guess i have to pre-order now at once from the USA. I don’t trust AH to send enough copies of it to Norway. ;) I have to be 100% certain to have both the Pacific and Europe version by the next summer.

@Brain:

Hvis vi går flere sammen kan vi dele på shipping-kostnadene. Forutsatt at det koster like mye å sende flere spill som det koster for ett. Men jeg regner med at Spillsjefen kommer til å ta dem inn, men det tryggeste er nok å pre-order.

WTF

• Okay, what a relief, I thought I was in the Norwegian Twilight Zone.

• @gnasape:

It’s Adlertag’s response to Andy Dandy.  I think it’s something about combined shipping?  To save money by combining pre-orders?

You’re right.
    “sammen” means together, and “dele” means to share. And ofcourse shipping == shipping and kost == cost. But that’s as far as my passive Nordic goes…

• “sammen” means together, and “dele” means to share.

I thought sammen meant fish and dele was a place that you could buy a sandwich.

• My feelings are that with AA42 being the flagship of the series and that Larry wants to do more revisions further on down the road as well as the price for them that all signs point to “yes”, these will be limited edition runs and those who want them should grab them.  If you can get $250 for AA50 on ebay now, imagine at least double that for the complete set of the 40’s you will get 18 months from now.  I mean, wow, AA50 will be sitting on shelves not even being looked at next to Guadalcanal and Dday, because those will be up for revisions too.

• Limited editions will not cause any problems. FMG will make and sell any kind of plastic pieces, and IL will provide maps we can download, and of course the rules will be free to download too, so quit whining.

• IL’s maps and FMG’s pieces really have to be the smart way to go, once those are combined, AH’s sales should drop dramatically…. but sshhhhh!.. :roll: :-D

• "Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves?

Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Words to live by.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m