• I found this on my hard drive:

Its some nifty general tokens. I have no idea with the various Letters mean. See if you can make sence of all the latters

A= Attack? or Army?
    D= Defense
    T= Tank?
    S= ?

http://www.mediafire.com/?ajzdrwtzkat
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mdjziybmm32

lets try to make use of them for AA42!

• I figured most of it out:

A=attack
    D=Defense
    SS= Surprise Strike as in the unit listed gets to fire first and loses are removed

so… SSA= surprise strike attack, SSD = surprise strike defense

I do not know what T means because I cant find an Italian word for anything relating

attack
    defense
    movement
    tank
    surprise
    strike
    Tactician

attacco
    difesa
    circolazione
    serbatoio
    sorpresa
    sciopero
    Tattico

• Since a couple of month, I try to figure it out.

I had 1/72 figurines and some represent marshal,generals and admiral.
    My tought was…
    Each player start the game with 4 generals and/or admiral.
    _For examples: germany star with Von Runstedt,Rommel,Von Mantein & Von Bock _These unit may give the opportunity to the defender/attacker to retreat one or some units without to leave the battle board.
    If you lost all your generals you must return IPC to the bank.

Better idea?__

• download these tokens and have a look. All of the good leaders are represented.

I think you get a +1 for the listed units on either Attack or Defense.

They look ALOT better when they are printed on quality photo paper. Trust me on this.

• @Imperious:

I do not know what T means because I cant find an Italian word for anything relating

and what does the single S mean?

I think I know

Tanto and Tutto mean both and all, and singolo means Single.

so S means you get to pick one of the units to get the bonus and T means the bonus apllies to all.

i dont know what else it could mean. I acuualy really like this idea for Generals.

IL, can you easily modify this file to update it so the new units( artillery, destroyer and cruiser, and soon to be mech inf, tac bombers, and maybe blockhouses or airborne) can be added.

Also eaker has an S right next to the bobmer which appears on no other roundel. Do you think that it has something to do with stratigic bombing.

• Accualy maybe the single and all, is refering to the number of rounds these units can attack with the bonus. This is more reasonable seeing as some of the generals that have a single S have two units of the same type.

Also, although there is a good range of leaders, where Timoshenko and Nimitz.  The axis do seem to have one more leader than the allies, so there is room for one of them, and both if another leader is added to the axis.

And have Doenitz, does the AADA mean that he just gets a +1bonus  to his atacking and defending substrike since subs already have SS.

• I think your closer to cracking the code:

I think this is incorrect:

S means you get to pick one of the units to get the bonus and T means the bonus applies to all.

reasoning: some units have S but have two units of the same type. Von Rundstead comes to mind with 2 tanks.

could the S have to so with movement?

Id like to apply the Generals to bonus movement in NCM even if they attack… So you can use them for attack then you can redeploy them

And have Doenitz, does the AADA mean that he just gets a +1bonus  to his atacking and defending substrike since subs already have SS.

I am sure in the case of Von Manstein and Karl Doenitz that the units roll preemptively first with +1

Also, although there is a good range of leaders, where Timoshenko and Nimitz.

Yes i will have to add these and perhaps (Gamelan for france and some others)

I printed them out and mounted them to 1 inch flat square blocks.

I think each turn a nations pulls one randomly, and extra ones cost 1-2 IPC each and are also randomly drawn from a cup.

The fact that the other side is not seen makes it a bit of a fog of war.

I really love these things.

the file has both of them re-sized for 1 inch format.

woodworks limited has the blocks BTW. 1 inch X 1/8 inch

http://www.mediafire.com/?n5ilyn0vzya

also, what units do you think should be added to the existing generals?

What is Nimitz and Timoshenko going to get?  N= CV+ 1 fighter TDA, T= 1 tank, 1 inf, TDA

• perhaps the T and S represent one round=S or all rounds=T?

• @Imperious:

perhaps the T and S represent one round=S or all rounds=T?

yah thats what was thinking.

and about adding destroyers, crusiers and artillery I am not sure. I kind would like to reveiw all the generals and no who ever create this reasoning for each gnerals specialty. I am going to do some research.

• I did some last night but everything came to nothing. I may have got that file from BGG but i am not sure.

boardgamegeek.com

• Customizer

Possible additions:

Joe Stillwell (US controlled Chinese)
    Alexander Novikov (Soviet Air Marshal)
    Nikolay Kuznetsov (Soviet Admiral)  OK, but he will have some nice new battleships
    Vasily Chuikov (Soviet Marshal)
    Ivan Konev (Soviet Marshal)
    Josip Broz (Yugoslavian Partisan)
    Andrew Cunningham (UK Admiral)
    Arthur Harris (UK Bomber Command)
    Louis Mountbatten (UK Commander SE Asia)
    Angelo Iachino (Italian Admiral)
    Thomas Blamey (Australian Army)
    François Darlan (Vichy Admiral)
    Jean de Lattre de Tassigny  (Free French) - I would consider de Gaulle on the same level as Eisenhower, rather than a field commander
    Henry Crerar (Canadian Army)
    Carl Mannerheim (Finnish Army)
    Ion Antonescu (Romanian Marshal)
    Zhu De (Chinese Communist PLA Marshal)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_leaders_of_World_War_II

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_leaders_of_World_War_II

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commanders_of_World_War_II

• We should have some logic way of putting commanders into the game.

We should first determine the scale and only include generals that were leaders at that scale.
    Since the player is in charge of action in the different theathers, commanders like eisnhower should be unnessisary. I am thinking the commanders should reprsent army and army group leaders who were truly skilled at their job.

I think thats the hardest part, determining who was truly better at leading armies and navies and airforces.

We should come up with a list of canidates and then vet each one so we have the ultimate A&A generals list.

• Ok i think i got this down:

A= attack +1 for listed units
    D= defense +1 for listed units
    T= the bonus lasts all rounds of combat in that one battle they are being used in.
    S= the bonus lasts one round of combat only.
    SS = the bonus is preemptive if a hit is made loses are removed and don’t fire back

How to play with these Generals:

each nation randomly gets one General each turn. You can “buy” more of these but they cost 3 IPC. You can play as many Generals each turn as your IPC divided by 10 ( fractions ignored).

The reasoning for this is to model the bonus as a ability to prepare the logistics for a massive campaign… an offensive and the ability for each nation to secure the resources for this effectively, so its related to your total productive output.

you can never use more than one general in any one battle

Example: if Germany has 34 IPC they can play up to 3 Generals. They start with one thats free. They can buy and play up to 2 others and of course these are drawn randomly.

If a leader has a tank icon that means a tank or artillery can receive the bonus.
    If a leader has a Battleship he can substitute a Cruiser or Destroyer for his bonus.

its kinda like an alternative to NO’s for AA50 in a way.

• ANY PROGRESS IN THIS WORK

• The file was finished a long time ago.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n5ilyn0vzya

if you mean under playtest, i have not tried it yet.

• @Imperious:

perhaps the T and S represent one round=S or all rounds=T?

I remember downloading this rules many years ago from Trashers side or Generals of Waterloo or something, dont remember exactely.

S = Strategic Leader, and effect units as far as 2 spaces away.
    T = Tactical Leader and only effect the units in his own space.

I have lost the rules and dont remember the rest.

• S = Strategic Leader, and effect units as far as 2 spaces away.
    T = Tactical Leader and only effect the units in his own space.

ok so that was it.

the leader effects the units in icons of that quantity with the printed modifier.

However, some leaders have more than S and T

It was not Generals of Waterloo, But it was some Italian outfit.

• A= attack +1 for listed units ( icon silhouette)
    D= defense +1 for listed units  ( icon silhouette)
    T= the bonus applies to the units located with the General.
    S= the bonus can apply to units up to two spaces from the General.
    SS = the bonus is preemptive if a hit is made loses are removed and don’t fire back

How to play with these Generals:

each nation randomly gets one General each turn. You can “buy” more of these but they cost 3 IPC. You can play as many Generals each turn as your IPC divided by 10 ( fractions ignored).

The reasoning for this is to model the bonus as a ability to prepare the logistics for a massive campaign… an offensive and the ability for each nation to secure the resources for this effectively, so its related to your total productive output.

you can never use more than one general in any one battle

Example: if Germany has 34 IPC they can play up to 3 Generals. They start with one thats free. They can buy and play up to 2 others and of course these are drawn randomly.

If a leader has a tank icon that means a tank or artillery can receive the bonus.
    If a leader has a Battleship he can substitute a Cruiser or Destroyer for his bonus.

its kinda like an alternative to NO’s for AA50 in a way.

• Only 5 leaders have SS.
    They are Eaker, MacArthur, Manstein, Doenitz and Nagumo.

I think they were some kind of Super Leaders that could effect allied units too, that or S = Surprise attack

• yea thats what i figured… SS is preemptive strike like subs on first round.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m