• I think I’ve got this won but my friend thinks he’s going to invade Japan. I was wondering what you guys think and what should be my best move.

Here’s the scenario, I won’t go into every little detail just an outline of what’s going on.

As Germany, I destroyed his russian Caucus stack. He now has 1 fighter in the caucus and only 3 men on his capitol. I was able to link my navy and they are now in the Med. It’s huge - Battleship, 2 loaded AC’s, 2 trans, subs. But I don’t have Africa yet, he’s just abandoned it to help Russia as UK. Us boats are still there - BB, DD+trans.

Japan has India and two other factories. They’re starting to push on Russia. They will have and hold Caucus this round. Even my friend agrees. Here’s the only problem I’m facing - US took out Phillipines and now has a factory. He’s got a BB and a loaded carrier in that sea zone. I have 2 BB’s and a loaded carrier, plus two planes on the coast. (I attacked it last round and it went bad).

He also has a loaded carrier and 2 trans in the Solomon sea zone and has another carrier and trans in the Western US sea zone.

I’m thinking my best course of action would be to attack the Solomon sea zone with my 2 BB, AC & 4 figs so I’m not delayed against Russia.

What would you guys recomend? I’d really appreciate some advice.

• it would help if u post the map of this. But then again I’m not too sure how taboo it is to give advice about a current game. Better you find your own solution and discuss it post game IMHO.

• Since when is it taboo? I see people ask for tips on current games all the time.

• I’d say hit the Solomans with maybe as much air as you can send (if it reaches), but if it can’t reach safely, hit that area with everything you got. Those are the closets transports. The WUS ones are 2 turns away. Hit Solomans, but buy more air for a) defence and b) hitting power because when you go south, he’ll move north/northeast into your path to block you, really putting a cramp in your plans to come back to the defence of Japan.

And if you could post a map or something of what you face, that would be great. But kill transports. Battleships can’t transport men anyway!  :lol: :-D

GL

• @The:

I’d say hit the Solomans with maybe as much air as you can send (if it reaches), but if it can’t reach safely, hit that area with everything you got. Those are the closets transports. The WUS ones are 2 turns away. Hit Solomans, but buy more air for a) defence and b) hitting power because when you go south, he’ll move north/northeast into your path to block you, really putting a cramp in your plans to come back to the defence of Japan.

And if you could post a map or something of what you face, that would be great. But kill transports. Battleships can’t transport men anyway!  :lol: :-D

GL

Thanks, that’s what I was thinking. My focus is Russia while they’re super weak. I can hit his loaded carrier, and trans with 2 BB’s, an AC and four planes. That should do it, and I can take two hits and won’t mind losing a couple planes.

I anticapted his blocking move too and was considering buying planes. I think I’ll buy 1 plane and all land forces.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m