• after reading the other 2 openings you are probably thinking “oh great, another bad move” if so, you are probably right!

germany doesn’t have to do this, but it’s best if they do. germany moves the fleet west threatening the uk seazone, and taking gibraltar. Rather than build a fleet, and have the usa block. Or save, and usa buys a carrier. Instead buy all tek with uk

assuming you roll at least one tek:
    if you get super subs, then you are behind alot, may be able to use the sub in the med especially if germany didn’t block it. industry australia, subs?? maybe, probably not.

if you get jet fighters, this could help in defence all over the place, but is probably almost as bad as subs

if you get rockets, not great, but should eventually pay off, and who wouldn’t trade uk money for german cash?

if you get long range, not only does this help alot, you can also hit the german fleet with your fighters!!

industrial tek is good too, extra transport or two of men to russia.

and i think we know what to do with heavy bombers

if you don’t get anything, tek the next turn, and you better get lucky, otherwise, you have lost the game, this strat is risky like the german and russia strats, don’t use it in a rated game etc… but it’s perfect if you know your opponents lack experience, and maybe you can still pull off a win if uk get’s unlucky?

the main idea is, almost any tek will help the uk, so why not just get one uk1?

i can’t promise you a japan opening, but i’ll work on it, i haven’t played japan enough to see anything

btw, i didn’t make up the german or uk strats, i actually saw them in games

and no, i don’t actually think this is a good strat, i thought i’d post it since i posted the other 2

• Inxduk, you are nothing if not imaginative :wink: !

Ozone27

• Just hope you do get a tech :) Otherwise, you’ll have almost no forces by the 2nd turn.

• If god forbid you get no tech… your in trouble.
    But all of the techs help the British and the Germans.

• Yes! Give In_k credit for passing along ideas!
    And SOMEONE out there is still using their imagination.

I’ll try it soon. Looking forward to a few shocked faces.
    :o :o :o :o - them
    :lol: - me

• I know this is an old post, but I can say that I have won games by techin 100% of my money for the first 2-3 turns with the UK. Mixed with a plane or two. I’m playing against competent competition too.

If Russia is cool, and America gives you some planes, you don’t have to worry about any German invasion. Usually the whole European navy is sunk in the first turn anyway. Whoever builds transports just gets em sunk by airpower.

A couple games ago I spent $110 on gambling. In the end, I got Rockets, Cheaper Units and Heavy Bombers (in that order). After two more turns, I had 5 bombers coming in at 15 rolls + rockets firing into Germany every turn. Germany was stacked hardcore, with 8 planes (defending at 5) and too much infantry and tanks. After just a couple turns, my bombers decimated the eastern front and russia easily moved in for the kill. I was also keeping Germany collecting zero money every turn with other bombers industrial bombing + rockets + territory. In just 3 turns after getting heavy bombers I had a UK soldier posted up in the German capital.

My German friend kept making fun of me for spending so much money. But when you do get the heavy bombers, they will pay for themselves. 15 bombers would cost a LOT, plus expense to replace the ones shot down.

From my own experience, the only countries who can safely tech roll is UK, Japan (not too much though) and maybe US if it wants to screw over their teammates :)

• I’m not to fond of rely in tech rolls for a strategy myself. I might do tech rolls as Japan if Germany is about to fall.

What’s the point of spending all your money, losing territory and income so that by the time your empire is just about doomed you get some techs. Pity you don’t have any money to leverage the tech.

However if Japan is in a strong income position and gets Ind Tech or Hvy bmbrs they might survive if Germany falls. Any other tech is kinda useless towards late stages of the game IMHO.

BB

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m