• i have just recently downloaded triple a and noticed it has several other games.  any of these any good?  i have played a few games of aa50 against the ai, too bad it is not more difficult. still fun though…

• Those other games suck, though.  Actually, Pact of Steel is pretty fun.  You can see where Larry got the idea for AA50 from it; it’s like a cross between Revised and 1942 AA50.  It’s pretty much the only game too where germany can get away with a fleet in the baltic.

Hopefully they’ll get the AA50 unstable lobby up again to where we can find opponents to play.  TripleA currently hosting only revised games blows.

• @katfishkris:

i have just recently downloaded triple a and noticed it has several other games.  any of these any good?  i have played a few games of aa50 against the ai, too bad it is not more difficult. still fun though…

Europe and Pacific don’t have all the board game features implemented. Classic and Revised are working as they should (minus 1 or 2 small differences that really don’t affect gameplay). 4 If By Sea is a Free For All version using the Classic Map, 6 Army FFA the same with Revised. BigWorld and The Great War are WW2 and WW1 games using the AA rules but with different maps/settings.
    PoS is the Revised map with a few changes and with the inclusion of Italy.
    The AI is good only for new players to learn the rules. The best way to play is against someone at the lobby.

• Pact of Steel (PoS) is really good.
    much better than Revised (IMHO). It makes a ‘shorter’ AA50
    I would love to see a PoS with AA50 subs, trannies, and tech rules

They they have some other “monster” versions of the game that are too big, long, and complicated (if I want to walk the walk to a much longer game I would simply jump to War in Flames)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m