• How about this one.In a nonRR game what does germany do on t1. Assume USSR has taken either Ukraine or EE with most or the rest in Karelia. Yhe Allied player is pretty good but not expert.

• Assuming standard rules…
    BUY: 8 INF and 1 TRN or 1 SUB
    COMBAT MOVE:
    1)Using your brain …figure a way (using the Kreigsmarine and Luftwaffe) to sink all the Allied fleet in the Atlantic and Med.(us SUBS and TRN as fodder in UK sz[sea zone]), except the US TRN in W US sz. Do not use the BMR alone.
    2)Retake or reinforce E EUR/Do not retake UKR as you leave your forces unprotected. Do not take E EUR if it leaves ARM exposed to annihilation.
    3) in Africa, move INF in ALG to FWA(south), INF & ARM in LIB to FEA(south).
    NONCOMBAT MOVES:
    1)Land BMR in W EUR to reach any weak US naval response or still be able to SBR(Strategic Bombing Raid) USSR. Land Ftrs in W EUR and Germany.
    2)If not used in attack on E EUR, move W EUR & S EUR ARM to Germany.
    3)Move 2 INF from Germany to W EUR to replace ARM moved to Germany.
    4)TRN 2 INF from S EUR to LIB(this +FEA+S EUR forces will take AES (Anglo-Egyptian Sudan on G2).
    PLACE UNITS: 6 INF in GER, 2 INF in S EUR & 1 TRN or SUB in S EUR sz.

Work with it!

• Thanks xi but i forgot to say that the Baltic sub and tran are sleeping with the fishes. Anyhow, my so called brain tells me that i have 4 fighters 1 bomber and 1 sub to sink UK navy. How about BB and 1 fighter vs. UKBB, 1 sub 3 fighters in UKsz. That leaves 1 fighter to go for either canadian tran or med sub. Flip a coin or what? Otherwise your advice has been most helpful. If only I can convince my partner playing germany not to attack Karelia every move no matter what!
    P.S. dubya and gatorade are one in the same. Long story.

• Pgator (it’s lat n im tared)
    A Germany you cannot go after the FTRs and BMR on UK. They do not defend the UK s(sea zone) unless they are on a CV (carrrier) in the sz.
    Try agin.

• Sorry my last post wasn’t clear. How about BB and 1bomber vs. UKBB in Med. Sub and 3fighters in Uksz. The Question is what to do with other fighter? The point is moot as I have already played. Russia attacked EE but had to retreat. So I was able to attack med sub and Canadian trans. Sunk the Sub but tran shot down fighter. So it goes.

• @dubya:

Sorry my last post wasn’t clear. How about BB and 1bomber vs. UKBB in Med. Sub and 3fighters in Uksz. The Question is what to do with other fighter? The point is moot as I have already played. Russia attacked EE but had to retreat. So I was able to attack med sub and Canadian trans. Sunk the Sub but tran shot down fighter. So it goes.

I assume 1 hit BB and no submerging sub rule here.

Try W EUR FTR and W EUR sz SUB to GIB sz v 1UK BB.
    (2 shots first attack[1@2(sneak),1@ 3], then 1 shot second attack[1@3]
    Try F/N FTR, UKR FTR, E EUR FTR and GER FTR & BMR v UK sz.
    NEVER attack with the BMR on a turn when it can be lost (CYBMR.) :wink:

I recommend RR as it makes the game more balanced.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m