• I did some geographical statistical information analysis on the AA50 map and continental territories.

Pacific islands -NOs = 17 ipc

Pacific islands +NOs = 47 ipc

Africa (including Trans-Jordan and Madagascar) -NOs = 14 ipc

Africa (including Trans-Jordan and Madagascar) +NOs = 33 ipc

Europe (including Russia, Germany and UK) -NOs = 67 ipc

Europe (including Russia, Germany and UK) +NOs = 122 ipc

Europe (excluding capitals) -NOs = 37 ipc

Europe (excluding capitals) +NOs = 92 ipc

Asia mainland (Including Persia, Kazakh, Urals in western Asia, Soviet Far East in north eastern Asia, French Indo-China Thailand in south Asia and everything between these territories) -NOs = 31 ipc

Asia mainland  (Including Persia, Kazakh, Urals in western Asia, Soviet Far East in north eastern Asia, French Indo-China Thailand in south Asia and everything between these territories) +NOs = 46 ipc

–----------------------------------------

For a comparison with Revised,

AAR continental territory values:

Pacific islands = 17 ipc

Europe (including capitals) = 62 ipc

Europe (excluding capitals) = 36 ipc

Africa (including Madagascar and Trans-Jordan) = 13 ipc

Asia mainland (from Persia to Soviet Far East) = 25 ipc

I did not include territories which will not usually be contested.

The numbers above is the main reason why I think a non pacific US approach is an inferior strategy, and for the same reason, a KJF/US pac strat in AAR is also inferior.
    KJF has been done without doubt in AAR, also against noon-noobs, but it will always be harder than KGF.
    In AA50 it’s not so much different in this aspect if the 41 or 42 scenario is played w/o NOs.
    AA50 is even more different from Revised if NOs are on.

If we want a global war we should always play with NOs, and if NOs are on, the powers who controls the most valuable territories will dominate the world.

• Official Q&A

@Subotai:

If we want a global war we should always play with NOs, and if NOs are on, the powers who controls the most valuable territories will dominate the world.

I couldn’t agree more.  :-D

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I agree for more than just the financial reasons.

A Pac Strategy is SOOO easy in this game to pull off, even a rookie can do it!  (With the Allies.)  Japan literally cannot be everywhere with it’s navy at once like it could in Classic and (to a lesser extent) revised.  Too many new sea zones let you hide your fleet around.  If Japan splits up to protect all avenues of approach (notice that they would have to move into range of your fleet to block you after starting out of range) then you can focus your firepower to destroy their smaller fleet(s).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m