• I seem to find that, the only thing that tanks have against infantry is their movement ablities, no one unit is stronger in attack. Its just how you rool, and infantry can take out a take…anyone notice this?

• I’ve also wondered about that too.

• actually, tanks attack at a dice roll of 1,2, or 3.
    infantry attacks at a dice roll of just 1.

they both defend at 1 or 2

• Don’t forget - if the inf attack with an artillary you get 2 rolls at “2 or less”. This costs you 7 ipcs, you have limited mobility, but you get a slightly higher chance of killing a unit as you’re rolling 2x 2/6=4/6 the first round.
    But as Strongbad pointed out - the arm attack with a crushing 3/6 - the infantry just go along to die instead of the armor (unless i’m playing Mr. Ghoul in which case my infantry whip his sorry ass :D)

• how come your infanry crush mr. ghoul? does he not build infantry and just build tanks so he stinks on defense or something?

• @StrongBad1988:

how come your infanry crush mr. ghoul? does he not build infantry and just build tanks so he stinks on defense or something?

no no
    he’s quite a bit more experienced than me, and i’d suggest a better player than i as well. He just has the occassional bout of spectacularly bad luck.

• ahh i see. i know some people with extraordinary bad luck coughcough (me) when i play with my dad. in one battle in bellorussia, (i was germnay) i had 20 tanks and 10 infantry and about 5 artillery defending, and he made a last-ditch attack with like 3 fighters 1 bomber 15 infantry a few artilery and a few tanks and he CRUSHED me, having like his tanks his artilley and a few infantry left. later in the game (like turn 12, i had held off england and america very well with my counterattacks with lots of infantry and then retreating my fighters, so we kept taking eastern france and holand back and forth, and meanwhile in the east i had built up a force of about 10 infantry and 10 tanks and he made another counterattack (this time in caucasus; if he lost here i would take turkestan and then moscow the next turn; he had almost no $$ left b/c he stupidly moved the AA out of leningrad, so i wouldn’t move into it - i would just do SBRS’ every turn on it, and the only territories he had left were archangel, russia, moscow, and turkestan, so he was only building like 2 infantry a turn) with measly forces and had extraordinary luck and killed everything.

• Also… if you have like 5 infantry attacking or defending, do you roll the dice 5 seprete times?

• I know you can buy AAs, but, can you put them where ever you want?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m