• :? OK, started a game using the House Rules and these questions came up first turn:

1. Germans add an armored infantry (Panzer Grenadier) “for each armored division he starts the game with.” Where are these placed? Same hex? Won’t that overstack? Leads to this question:

2. Are the stacking limits the same? ALL armor count as two? ALL infantry count as one? (I rather hope.)

3. Air Combat: Since AA “has a preemptive attack of 4 or less,” is that attack made before dog fighting? Also, I don’t understand how aircraft have a defensive roll if dog fighting is simultaneous, that is, they attack each other in one session of rolling.

• Are you referring to my house rules?

If so i need to get these file and upload in house rules so others can follow.

• Yes, I’m trying to use yours.

• 1. Germans add an armored infantry (Panzer Grenadier) “for each armored division he starts the game with.” Where are these placed? Same hex? Won’t that overstack? Leads to this question:

from the rules:

The each player also adds one Armored Infantry unit (Panzer Grenadier for Germans) for every armored division he starts the game with. This also includes any reinforcements he may receive that are armored units. In this case he will add the new piece. (Use halftrack unit)

This is only for the set up, you add this piece ( halftrack) everywhere you see a tank icon for the setup. After that it reverts to normal OOB rules for stacking.

2. Are the stacking limits the same? ALL armor count as two? ALL infantry count as one? (I rather hope.)

see above answer.

3. Air Combat: Since AA “has a preemptive attack of 4 or less,” is that attack made before dog fighting? Also, I don’t understand how aircraft have a defensive roll if dog fighting is simultaneous, that is, they attack each other in one session of rolling.

from the rules:

Anti- Aircraft Capabilities:
    Under this variant the only unit that can attack planes is the Artillery unit. It has a preemptive attack of 4 or less and rolls for every Artillery unit in the attacked hex. In all other respects combat is done as per OOB rules.

yes before dog fighting, note German fighters at 7 and Americans at 5…just one combat value and its the same on attack or defense. I understand that the Germans should not be too strong but for balance i felt they needed this, plus they still had a number of Me-262 available.

So aircraft dont have a ‘defensive roll’ but just the one combat value. All air combat is simultaneous.

• :wink: OK, so disregard defensive values for aircraft.

Overstacking OK for setup. After that, do I count number of dice for SS tanks and Panzer Grenadiers for the total stacking limit of 12? Or just keep 'em at two and one for purposes of stacking and consider that a bonus for the Germans?

:-o Oh! Here’s a NEW question: When assigning hits, how do I distinguish regular infantry from armored infantry and regular tanks from Tigers? Put the specials below the regular on the assignment tabs or defender’s choice?  :roll:

• You will need the original revised tanks as the normal armored tanks and the bulge tanks will now be the tigers, lastly the original milton bradley tanks will be Mech infantry.

Of course you can buy some metal tanks that are 1/285 scale

The defender assigns his hits as per normal rules from basic AA.

And yes the stacking excess is only for the setup. after that you must maintain normal stacking requirements.

• :-o Combat Resolution: As I understand it, roll separately for each type of combat unit and separate hits accordingly (e.g., plain infantry attacking hit on 1 or 2, Tigers 1-8). Set aside the dice (or note number). When all have been rolled for, roll again the number of hits to assign on the combat strips.

(This is the only way the hits will distribute properly. The infantry in my example would only hit the first two units.  :oops:)

Is that right?  8-)

• Yes except when artillery roll a one they can select what they hit. So you dont use the random hit thing in that case.

In all other times you allocate hits as per OOB

• :-o Wow! That’s a fast reply. And thanks for reminding me about the arty roll of 1 feature.  :lol:

Thanks again!

PS I may get a pic or two in a later reply.  :roll:

• :? Question about stacking Illustrated! Here’s a graphic at

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=0mmnnmymynu&thumb=4

East (right) of Houffalize is a German force :evil: attacking the Americans in Houffalize. The Half-track represents Armored Infantry. The Tiger tank is SS Panzer. The Panzer IV is ordinary armor. This is turn 3. In the BOB, this would add up to 12 (4 Tanks X 2 = 8; 1 Infantry = 1; 1 Arty = 3).

Is this still the case in your House Rules or does this force add up to 17 (2 Tanks = 6; 2 SS Panzer = 6; 1 Armored Infantry = 2; 1 Arty = 3  8-) and clearly overstacked (after turn 1)?

I know there’s a bonus die roll but that shouldn’t count against stacking. Right?  :-P

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m