• Hello all,

I am an Axis and Allies player from years ago and was recently gifted the revised version. This has reawakened my interest in the game and it’s nice to see some others who still enjoy it. I read about the triplea client and have also been using that to brush up on my skills.

I was thinking about joining some online games but a lot don’t seem that friendly to people who don’t know acronyms or have different expansion sets. Are there only really experienced players online? Also, does anyone know how to host a game? I tried to but it said there was something up with my router or firewall. I have no idea what that means :)

It’s great to see that there is still a lot of love for the game out there.

• If you don’t mind the publicity, there is a play be forum option here.  Folks have a dice rolling utility that works automatically.  Check out some of the other fora here and you will see some options.  There are some “dedicated” players here and you might want to see if there is a “minor league” if you’re just getting into it.  OTOH, you can learn a lot from the serious generals.  I’m not that serious a player, but I really like the games.  I use them to teach my son about math, history, geography and sportsmanship.  Enjoy.

• '16 '15 '10

@maverickud:

Hello all,

I am an Axis and Allies player from years ago and was recently gifted the revised version. This has reawakened my interest in the game and it’s nice to see some others who still enjoy it. I read about the triplea client and have also been using that to brush up on my skills.

I was thinking about joining some online games but a lot don’t seem that friendly to people who don’t know acronyms or have different expansion sets. Are there only really experienced players online? Also, does anyone know how to host a game? I tried to but it said there was something up with my router or firewall. I have no idea what that means :)

It’s great to see that there is still a lot of love for the game out there.

I like GameTableOnline.  The design aesthetics and ease of game play are superior to TripleA.  Plus there’s a nice variety of novices and experts.

But in TripleA’s favor, it offers save/edit and bidding, which are great features for a highly competitive game.

Btw you can’t host on TripleA if you haven’t enabled port forwarding for TripleA.  GameTableOnline doesn’t have this issue–anyone can host.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m