• Are are you guys seeing more Naval Action with AA50?  We have overflowed several Sea Zones, at times filling the North Sea or English Channel with Naval Units. I do not want to be too critical, the out standing effort that went into AA50. First and foremost-Kudos!!  I like the out of box board, yet we are having a hard time playing on it?  Limited Size! 
    On land, North Western Europe required another inch at least.
    Pacific Islands, why so small!?!  Others, have noted the poor territory border contrast-clarity.
    And of course, its nice to have the setup ghosted onto the map.
    all this may be personal taste.  So here is another flavor;
    one solution, PlayersAidBigBlueR1, I redetailed much of the AA50PlayersAid map.  Now have a Full size Atlantic and Pacific Ocean,(66 x 33 inch ) with oversized Pacific Islands, full size Norway and Finland and nice big fat sea Zones;
    This is a 1941 Setup with reduced clutter, allowing the addition of a 1942 setup with territory markers per the game rules.
    We printed this at Kinko’s on vinyl mat for $144. had we used bonded paper,
    it would have been cheaper.
    I changed the setup unit ghost, simplify to unit only symbols on the map, if it stated 3 INF, then I placed three INF symbols at that location etc…
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=db7389213b434449d2db6fb9a8902bda
    This is still low Tech Bit map, not as Fancy as IL’s high tech vector map or one of Black Elks specialities.  I am surprised, in the age of high end vectors, these AA50PlayersAid maps are still getting 50 or so downloads a week, from all over the world.  Interesting places, like Yemen, Hong Kong, Korea, of course the US, Germany, Canada are still the largest Users.
    Hey, even  Functioneta’s suggested alternate AA50 map setup is doing well, enjoy.
    I note, this map will be large enough, to incorporate some of the interesting ideas talked about on these boards.  I will incorporate these variants, into future projects.

• Interesting think happened on the way to the printer.  I had increased the ocean sizes so much, they ate up all the increases I had made in land size.  IL and Black Elk are probably smiling.  Oh well bump into the wqll again.
      So I carved some ocean off to find my increase in land size, shrunk South America some to accomplish this and increase Finland and the Baltic, just because one of my group thinks he needs a larger Baltic, so be it.
    I made the new Rev AA50PlayersAid2MedBlueR4, then increase map size from 66 x 34 to ( 72 in x 36 in ) this has larger land area, less ocean, still good size Atlantic and Pacific ocean, but I wanted larger land mass and more ocean, this is a good compromise.

• '10

Maybe I am just to hardcore, but I bought an extra copy of AAP so I could have an extra set of FLEET MARKERS!  The Fleet markers from Axis & Allies Pacific should solve your problem of crowded sea zones…  AND they look really cool on the board as task groups.

I recommend borrowing them from your AAP game OR buying a copy just for these FLEET MARKERS.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

Maybe I am just to hardcore, but I bought an extra copy of AAP so I could have an extra set of FLEET MARKERS!  The Fleet markers from Axis & Allies Pacific should solve your problem of crowded sea zones…  AND they look really cool on the board as task groups.

I recommend borrowing them from your AAP game OR buying a copy just for these FLEET MARKERS.

I completely forgot about those markers.  I will bring them up at our next game, great idea, thanks.  Though, I still would rather play the game on something that is more map like and less of a board.  This is one of the reasons I draw out the PlayersAid maps.  I believe one guy in my group would play on a checker board if we would let him.  So it boils down to personal taste, of how you like to play your game.  I still love IL’s idea of playing in a replica German bunker while dressed as a Field Marshall, while arriving in his own cabrolet!!  LOL-Now, that is a game I would like to be in on…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m