• I am performing the translation in italian of the Anniversary edition rulebook.
    I have some problems in translating one sentence. May some one here try to explain it to me … in other words!  :-D

pag. 20 of the rulebook, step 6 conclude combat:

…Place your own control marker on the territory. (Note, if you are playing in the 1942 scenario, place your marker on top of the original control marker; do not remove it).

If I have not misunderstood it means that I have to stack the new control marker on the top of the preceding one without removing the control marker already positioned in the territory. Correct me if I have not understood correctly.

What it means? The rulebook is suggesting me to not try using the scissors for removing the control marker from the board?
    Or it regards territories that in the set up of 1942 are owned by a different power and then the suggestion is to leave there the 1942 control marker in order to mark that the original controller of a territory is the power which control marker is at the bottom of the stack that is different from the marker printed on the map?
    Or it is only a way to stack the control marker in the territory?

I am confused.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

This refers to territories that start out conquered, I believe.

For instance, if your capitol is lost and your ally liberates a territory (that started the game with a control marker on it) then keep the old control marker there, just place yours on top so that when it is liberated later, it reverts to the correct owner.

For instance, in 1942 Japan begins with Kwangtung.  If, let’s pretend, England was under the control of Germany, and then America took Kwangtung, it would now be American.  Therefore, you place the American control marker on top of the Japanese one.

Then Germany liberates Kwangtung, they do not gain posession of this territory because it was originally Japanese, so you liberate it.  Therefore, remove the American marker and leave the Japanese one to show ownership.

Basically, you’re stacking control markers to remind you who owns what originally.

• Thank you Commander! :)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

No problem, Romulus.

Keep in mind that’s just my interpretation of what I think that section of the rules means.  I’d double check with Krieghund since he seems to be the local expert on all things Anniversary.

• Official Q&A

Jen’s right about what that rule means.  However, the rule is in error.  It was superceded by the FAQ entry that states that original ownership of territories is determined by the symbol printed on the board regardless of the scenario being played.  So the bottom line is just ignore it.

• Thanks Krieghund.

Given the fact that I am already integrating the FAQ in the translated manual I will do the update as you suggest!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m