• I want Japan and Italy have only ‘light armor’
    I’ve been scratching my head thinking on how that could work

Say that Light-Armor attacks on a 3 but defends on a 2 (like it was on Classic). How much should it cost?
    Say they attack and defend on a 2. How much should they cost again?

I would give them a 4 IPC cost… the problem is that Arty cost that already and attack-defends on a 2 but they move just one. Besides its infantry support capacity, if Arty and Light-Armor cost the same, who would buy arty at all?  :?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’d agree to ATT 3, DEF 2, Cost 4

But I’d agree MORE to giving Germany and Russia heavy armor that ATT 4, DEF 3, Cost 6.  You’d differentiate between the two types of armor by using a control marker under heavy armor.

• ATT 3, DEF 2, Cost 4

• Customizer

What about making a tech advancement such as ‘heavy armor’ 2d6? that could balance out against the allies ability to gain heavy bombers.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Only if it worked like HB in LHTR.  2d6 take the better result.  Basically you get two shots to score a single hit.

• Customizer

Heavy tanks should be 3-4, cost 6, only move 1 space, no blitz move

• I am guilty of using the term heavy armor, but what i am really getting at is elite armor or crack armor units formed with among other things. Heavy armor was integrated in elite troop divisions… so i see it at 4-4 moving 2 for the justification that the logistical support is enhanced because these are crack units. IN German case these are SS units and have their own supply trains and support. The SS always got the best equipment and heavy tanks were no exception.

• Customizer

Yes, but heavy tanks are most effective in defence, particularly in the role of tank-killing. It’s hard to see Tigers or KVs spearheading a blitz type encirclement, hence my suggestion that what they gain in firepower they lose in speed and manouverability.

I’d like to see tech developments that still leave you with the option of buying the original units which should remain cheaper to produce, and may still have some advantages over more advanced (but more expensive and perhaps less reliable) products.

• Yes but moving it at 1 is horrible. These are motorized units moving faster than infantry with the ability to flank infantry over a period of 6 months. THEY and all vehicles need to move 2 because these were supplied with maximum support in combat.

• wait, doesn’t light tank attack 3 defend 2 move 2 $4 ruin artillery?
    “infantry + light tank” would be better than “infantry + artillery”

making heavy tank move at 1 is too extreme
    how about make them can’t blitz?

• @tekkyy:

wait, doesn’t light tank attack 3 defend 2 move 2 $4 ruin artillery?

yeah, light tank could be attack 2, defend 2, move 2, cost 4, without the support infantry ability,
    for heavy armor i would make it, attack 4, defend 3, move 2, cost 10, with the ability to take 2 hit’s, or, attack 4, defend 3, move 2, cost 7.
    has anyone tried this idea, each nation start’s the game with technology that was available at that time, and set’s up industrial production line’s, and order’s a number of unit’s, the more unit’s ordered the cheaper the overall cost, i.e. 5 tank’s could cost 23 i.p.c 10 tank’s could cost 40 i.p.c. the money that has been saved could be used to advance technology, i.e. AARHE, or to buy other unit’s, when the quota of the order has been completed, i.e. 15 armor unit’s, a new order could be placed, on advanced tech, or the same tech, 2 order’s of 5 tank’s could cost 46 i.p.c, where 1 order of 10 tank’s could cost 40 i.p.c, the i.p.c would be invested in the chosen technology, and could not be re-attributed to a different technology.

there could be a reference card to keep track of how much i.p.c. that would be spent on a technology, you could never build more unit’s than there would have been i.p.c. used on the order, i.e. 15 armor unit’s could be ordered at an overall cost of 55 i.p.c., round 1, 20 i.p.c spent on armor, build 4 armor, round 2, 20 i.p.c spent on armor, build 6 armor, round 3, 15, i.p.c spent on armor, build 5 armor, you would not have to make order’s for every unit or none at all, unit’s could be purchased at the normal cost, there could be a reference for each tech, and when new tech is aquired by way of a investing i.p.c., the new tech would have a reference card that could be used for cheaper mass production.

• well yes but just call it motorized or mechanized unit 2-2-4 no boost

or 2-2-5, except it can carry one infantry or one artillery with it moving it 2 spaces.

last option is you can keep it at 2-2-4, and add the following:

on defense these units can retreat.

3 ideas to sort out.

• yeah, motorized at 2-2-5, with the transport ability, that does not leave much room for a light tank unless the the attack was 2 , defense 2, cost 4, if i was working all of these unit’s into a game i would start by reducing the cost of infantry unit’s to 2, artillery 3, light tank 4, mechanized unit’s 5, medium tank 5, heavy tank 7 or 10

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m