• Can a fleet move through a sea zone occupied by an enemy transport?

for example, in the 1941 setup, can the UK CA, DD in SZ 12 move through SZ 13 occupied by a German CT, to attack Italy’s fleet BB, 2 CA, CT in SZ 14?

or does the UK fleet have to stop at SZ 13?

• '10

yes the fleet can move through a sz occupied by an enemy transport or submarine.  that is my interpretation. krieg will have the final ruling

• Official Q&A

Johnny is correct.

• but planes have to stop to engage a transport by itself correct?  counting as the combat move?

• Official Q&A

Only if they want to sink it.  If they don’t want to sink it, they can keep on going.

• Thanks for the quick response… one last one…

for the original example, is the transport destroyed?

if SZ 13 had a submarine, is the submarine destroyed?

• Official Q&A

Moving through, or even into, a sea zone containing a transport or sub in will not destroy it unless you attack it.  You have to stop in the sea zone and attack it in order to destroy it.  This counts as combat, even in the case of transports where no dice are actually rolled.

• @Krieghund:

Moving through, or even into, a sea zone containing a transport or sub in will not destroy it unless you attack it.  You have to stop in the sea zone and attack it in order to destroy it.  This counts as combat, even in the case of transports where no dice are actually rolled.

So, to sink a transport, combat must occur, even though no dice are rolled.  You cannot sink a transport during non-combat movement, but it appears that you can move through the sea zone occupied by the transport duing non-combat movement.

• Official Q&A

@timerover51:

So, to sink a transport, combat must occur, even though no dice are rolled.  You cannot sink a transport during non-combat movement, but it appears that you can move through the sea zone occupied by the transport duing non-combat movement.

Correct.  You can also move into a sea zone occupied by an enemy sub or transport in noncombat movement, but you can’t attack it, since the combat phase is over.

• So transports are there…
    but not REALLY there.

A&A has it’s own altered reality.
    A nice newly added feature  :lol:

• Krieghund - Do you know when AH will post a FAQ page regarding AA50?
    Thanks.

• Official Q&A

I wish I could give you a better answer than “soon”, but that’s all I’ve got.  :-(

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m