I know everyone is excited over 1941… but...

• 1942 looks a lot more fun to me.

First of all, it’s likely to be a bit shorter.  After all, they are further along in the war.

Second of all, China has a good double the amount of units they have in 1941.  9 infantry and 1 fighter vs. 4 infantry and 1 fighter (in 1941, Japan could destroy China with relative ease).

Third, Japan has less sea power, so America wont be destroyed if they dare step up to Japan.

Fourth, Italy is setup the same exact way in 1942 as in 1941, but with more units on the Italian peninsula.

Fifth, Canada has more units on it in 1942.  Canada will never get more units (likely), so it is nice having them start out with more so they can play a role in the war.

It just seems that all of this, especially China, will make the 1942 scenario play better.

• It just seems that all of this, especially China, will make the 1942 scenario play better.

It just seems that this 1942 setup makes it a whole lot easier for the Allies.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

I just hope one of them is relatively well balanced.  :-D

I’ve been hoping all along that the 42 scenario would be better than the 41, with the Midway glory and such.
    China looks a lot more interesting in 42, but in the end the 41 game might prove the closer match up Axis v Allies (without a bid) since Japan seems to be in a stronger tactical position.

• '10

As I suggested in another thread…  I think the great thing about the two set-ups is that neither of them is a perfect balance.  The 1941 set-up gives a slight advantage to the AXIS and the 1942 to the ALLIES.  A Bid can level the playing field either way… no?

• @Black_Elk:

I just hope one of them is relatively well balanced.  :-D

I’ve been hoping all along that the 42 scenario would be better than the 41, with the Midway glory and such.
    China looks a lot more interesting in 42, but in the end the 41 game might prove the closer match up Axis v Allies (without a bid) since Japan seems to be in a stronger tactical position.

I agree with you Black_Elk.  I think if China is going to be a “player” (very small player) in this game, it would be nice to have a chance to be a thorn in Japan’s side.  In the '41 scenario it looks like Japan could wipe out the entire Chinese force on J1 (of course one or two more Chinese would pop up after).

Thanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m