• What’s up with the new release date?
    Is it simply a matter of some of the components not being ready in time?
    Or is there any chance we might see some changes to the manual (ie. rules) ?  :-)

• The guy who counted the pieces made another mistake. This time each nation was short the standard two infantry and the Japanese tank came out grey and the German tank came out orange. Perhaps also people slamming them for having a ZERO marketing program got to them, so they are now actually gonna start telling people about a $100 dollar game.

Edit: the above is a joke in case it was not obvious

• @Imperious:

The guy who counted the pieces made another mistake. This time each nation was short the standard two infantry and the Japanese tank came out grey and the German tank came out orange. Perhaps also people slamming them for having a ZERO marketing program got to them, so they are now actually gonna start telling people about a $100 dollar game.

What the hell?  Not to be rude, but I can’t believe these types of mistakes are still being made after the Guadalcanal incident!  Fortunately, they didn’t ship out 100 dollar games with the wrong units and missing units….!

• 2007 AAR League

No rush. Now with the new Abattlemap feature, we can all play PBF game anyhow!  :wink:
    Cheers

• '10

That is not funny. Should we discuss another month about the game features??

I remember my first A&A bought in 1991. The german infantry coloured in green and the american infantry in gray.
    I dont worry about orange panthers and gray Type 85 Tanks. I’ve got enough playing pieces and in the correct colours.

• The problem is not having or not having the game pieces in all the colours. AH is celebrating 50 years with a special edition… Axis and Allies Anniversary Edition… and they are not able to stay on schedule. Maybe they are also celebrating  the pieces count and colours traditional problem?

By the way 1991 should be an MB Edition, also they had problems with units colours?

• @Perry:

No rush. Now with the new Abattlemap feature, we can all play PBF game anyhow!  :wink:
    Cheers

?

• @Perry:

Cheers

You are suggesting we should adopt an Aesop approach like The Fox and the Grapes?

• It is my opinion that in last minute Hasbro chose to make nation specific molds for the Italian units too, just to appease IL  :-D

• I went the AH site yesterday and was just coming here to make a snide comment about them not having any info up.

It sometimes seems like they don’t want to sell games.

• @frimmel:

I went the AH site yesterday and was just coming here to make a snide comment about them not having any info up.

It sometimes seems like they don’t want to sell games.

But of course, when sales are mediocre for the 100 dollar game that received no advertising, clearly it is a lack of popularity on the game type, not a lack of marketing  :roll:

• Is November 18th confirmed? This displeases me greatly! :cry: I had a game day all set up for Thursday(Oct. 23rd) for getting together to play and now this! Now I have to try to reschedule everything. Are they going to give us an official reason why the game was delayed three and a half weeks!?

• Wow just saw that on WOTC site……i really hate them…why on avalon hill web site they didnt corect it? i mean its october 23 evrywhere.

• At least give us a info about this change of date holy god……aaarrggggg

• '10

@Romulus:

By the way 1991 should be an MB Edition, also they had problems with units colours?

Yes I got two MB games with a copyrigth from 1986 on the rulebook.

Only the infantry unit models are different and they changed the colours of german and us infantry.

• 2007 AAR League

@Rakeman:

@Perry:

Cheers

?

I only meant that the game is available right now
    As an Abattlemap module…
    No need to wait to whatever date that WOTC care to ship the physical game.

• Ehm… Perry, I have already Pre-ordered the game. I have already paid for it. And now they re-schedule it to 18 November withouth even explain why.

• If the game is delayed another month or so they will need to call it AA51

Also, it was pretty obvious that i was making a joke. Nobody could know why the game is being released latter, but its a fact that the something always is missing in every game because they totally refuse to fire that guy who makes a similar mistake in every product. I would also make the stipulation that their is no way a different person each time had made mistakes of this type.

2 Infantry missing in AH D-Day
    2 Infantry mission in Bulge
    Cruiser color gaff in Guadalcanal
    Too few Japanese tanks in Revised
    Paper thin national tokens in Revised

I would really like to know the name of the guy who keeps doing this so i can pay him a visit and ‘discuss’ :-D

• This sux. :x Shame on you AH. This is an embarrassment, and if it’s any sign of things to come with this release…

It could be a delay in manufacturing. But I think it’s also just as likely that someone in AH marketing simply said “Wait a minute… we’re releasing this game a month ahead of the ‘holiday shopping season’… WHY?” ~ZP

• @Imperious:

If the game is delayed another month or so they will need to call it AA51

:-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m