Recent successful builds you've used?

• I played a 3-Objective game yesterday and I lost a lot less units. We also made the rules so that paradrops aren’t allowed on objectives (dunno if that’s standard or not). I used the USA against Germany… Which almost never happens. I field paras maybe 1 in every 4 games, and never used mortars before beyond the crappy ones that happened to be in a platoon I wanted to use. In fact, I’ve never fielded Chaffees, the P-38, or the Hunting Sniper before either. This was generally all pretty new for me.

My build:
    2x Screaming Eagle Paratroopers
    1x Screaming Eagle Captain
    1x Hunting Sniper
    2x Veteran M4 Rhino
    2x M24 Chaffee
    1x Ammo Dump
    1x P-38G
    1x P-40
    2x M1 81mm Mortar
    1x Resourceful Hero

I placed my mortars and ammo dump in completely safe cover, dropped my captain in a town near his starting area, paratroopers by the objective behind cover, used an airstrike on his ammo dump and MG team (killing both and losing the P-38) and his sniper was left disrupted. my mortars (thanks to nearby commander) indirectly fired at 2 of his MG teams, killing them after failed cover rolls (that made 4 fails thus far, as almost all his pieces had cover). I retardedly forgot he put his 88 on overwatch and lost a Rhino during an attempt at a shortcut… using the assault phase to move, my paras took the center objective. My P-40 was disrupted by an MG, the King Tiger damages my Chaffee on the objective. End of turn 1.

My Resourceful Hero arrived to help my Captain hold the town and they both survived 4 point blank MG shots (the cap was disrupted though, and both made all 4 cover rolls in town). His King Tiger started going for the objective and got chased around by the Chaffees’ attempts a rear attacks. The Snipers used their special attacks on each of my Chaffees and disrupted the undamaged one instantly, giving the King Tiger less headaches. My mortars and infantry continued to remove his as they advance for the objective out of cover, with all but my sniper getting a kill. My Chaffees and Rhino manage to waste shots and eventually disrupt the King Tiger. The King Tiger takes out my damaged Chaffee on the objective, everything else fails. End of turn 2.

Final turn… he gives me initiative, my Rhino rolls onto the objective, he moves, I kill off some more infantry, and he realizes he has no hope of contesting the objective and forfeits with a King Tiger, a sniper, and an MG Team remaining. I only lost a Rhino, a Chaffee, and a P-38.

Awards:

MVP USA: Screaming Eagle Captain, 81mm mortars, and Chaffees. These units alone would’ve won me the battle.
    MVP Germany: Wehrmacht Expert Snipers. His snipers saved his King Tiger (I would’ve scored 3 hits if my Chaffees had been undisrupted, but they weren’t, so I only got 1).

LVP USA: Hunting Sniper. Not really its fault, but I literally never got to make a single attack with it. 9 points better spent somewhere else.
    LVP Germany: Wehrmacht Oberleutnants and Panzerschrecks. They too did nothing.

Like a Glove USA (unit that was perfectly tailored for this specific game): M24 Chaffee. Lots of cover everywhere, center objective, and good speed made it a deadly presence.
    Like a Glove Germany: If implemented properly, the King Tiger would’ve been deadly, and hard to kick off the objective. The best antitank infantry I had were the paratroopers, which can take it out, but it’d be hard. My friend’s “playing it safe” with Germany caused it to be less effective than if I’d used it.

• @Ducky:

I placed my mortars and ammo dump in completely safe cover, dropped my captain in a town near his starting area, paratroopers by the objective behind cover, used an airstrike on his ammo dump and MG team (killing both and losing the P-38) and his sniper was left disrupted. my mortars (thanks to nearby commander) indirectly fired at 2 of his MG teams, killing them after failed cover rolls (that made 4 fails thus far, as almost all his pieces had cover). I retardedly forgot he put his 88 on overwatch and lost a Rhino during an attempt at a shortcut… using the assault phase to move, my paras took the center objective. My P-40 was disrupted by an MG, the King Tiger damages my Chaffee on the objective. End of turn 1.

My Resourceful Hero arrived to help my Captain hold the town and they both survived 4 point blank MG shots (the cap was disrupted though, and both made all 4 cover rolls in town). His King Tiger started going for the objective and got chased around by the Chaffees’ attempts a rear attacks. The Snipers used their special attacks on each of my Chaffees and disrupted the undamaged one instantly, giving the King Tiger less headaches. My mortars and infantry continued to remove his as they advance for the objective out of cover, with all but my sniper getting a kill. My Chaffees and Rhino manage to waste shots and eventually disrupt the King Tiger. The King Tiger takes out my damaged Chaffee on the objective, everything else fails. End of turn 2.

Final turn… he gives me initiative, my Rhino rolls onto the objective, he moves, I kill off some more infantry, and he realizes he has no hope of contesting the objective and forfeits with a King Tiger, a sniper, and an MG Team remaining. I only lost a Rhino, a Chaffee, and a P-38.

Hey, what happened on turns 3 thru 6?

• he surrendered on turn 3

• Why?  His King Tiger should have been able to take out your remaining tanks by turn 7, dont you think?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m