• I know the game is not designed for it, but does anyone else play where Germany has to take all of Russia, and both GB and the US? I typically play this way against my father but in all but two games it stalls out after I capture Russia then the game turns around. I have done the Operation Sea Lion and won by finishing off the other two (only haapens that I take GB once in a blue moon). So, if anyone else plays all out, do you have modifications to balance the game?

• 2007 AAR League

I don’t get it? 
    Do you mean that you capture all of Russia, but still UK/US are able to defeat Germany??  :?

• What we do is Germany has to take over the world. Germany has to take all three countries over. I usualy play as Germany and take over Russia with no problem (we do not use bidding either). It comes down to 9 times out of ten that I Take Russia and stall out when a large US force lands in Africa and continues to march into russia (obvious a continued supply of US units pound away at Germany) liberating it while the UK either feeds units in through Finland or Norway or sometimes beating away at France. I am just looking for a way to make it a little more balanced for total world domination. One idea worth noting is $6 German subs. I figure they were a bit smaller than their allied counterparts so a reduction in cost was feasible ($2 less might be a stretch). It seemed to work. I was able to prolong any US and UK sea strength for a little while as I also managed to keep the UK down on income by holding convoy routes. It all hinged on the middle east with a big build up of US & German units. I will have to test it  a couple more times to see if it is fair or not.

• ok dude if you would like it to be more fair make your tanks 3 defense for germany
    give ur self 1 more bomber and make subz 1pc less
    also when u get other industrial places u can go pass 1 or 2
    this would help u alot :-o
    see what i mean then when the allies come your tankz will be there and defendign well ps dont aim so much for afrika theres a reason why rommel lost :mrgreen:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m