• Short of moving the UK Industrial Center from Canada to Egypt, is there any way for the UK to get reinforcements there, besides aircraft?  The British did use the Trans-Africa air route from Takoradi to Khartoum, and then to Egypt for aircraft, besides flying them through the Med.  I have been simulating that route by flying the aircraft first to the marshalling area in the Atlantic, and then moving them to Egypt in a non-combat more.  I have been simulating the WS troop and equipment convoys to Egypt by moving the transports to the marshalling box one turn, moving them to the little snippet of the Red Sea that shows up in the second turn, and then unloading them in the third turn, reflecting the time lag in shipment from England.  Running transports through the Med is not exactly a good idea even when the Allies clear North Africa completely.

I am open to any other suggestion of home rules, or is there something in the rules that I am missing?

• Buy 2 UK inf to Egypt with the starting 12 ipc allied cash (and other 2 for Leningrad or Germany will invade it)

• Here’s one house-rule as part of a larger set:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=11781.msg316555#msg316555

I’ve also played with allowing the UK to place 1 purchased unit in Egypt each turn  to represent the suez.

Mot

• @Motdc:

Here’s one house-rule as part of a larger set:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=11781.msg316555#msg316555

I’ve also played with allowing the UK to place 1 purchased unit in Egypt each turn  to represent the suez.

Mot

@Funcioneta:

Buy 2 UK inf to Egypt with the starting 12 ipc allied cash (and other 2 for Leningrad or Germany will invade it)

I have been putting the infantry in Egypt with the initial cash, and looked at the other thread, but do not really feel comfortable simply putting units there every turn.  Thanks for the responses, troops.  At least now I know that I am not missing something and that others have been working on solutions.

• wow i agree but that 1 inf. in suez should allow germany to get something ehres a good rule to make it alot harder for the allies every trun or every 2 turns allow germans to get 1 tank 5 bucks a turn or 2 turns they dont need to spend huh huh?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m