Universal National Advantages:
Procedure: roll D12 or select one NA per turn with each nation choosing a number of them equal to what was agreed by all players.
1) Paratroopers: Each Bomber can now carry one infantry from the territory it started movement from to any friendly or enemy controlled territory. If dropped in hostile land zone the unit attacks at 2 and must fight to the death.
2) Fast Warships: Carriers and Cruisers now move 3 sea zones.
3) Blitzkrieg: Your Armor units moving one space in combat movement and successfully clearing the enemy land zone can perform either: A) attack a new enemy territory from the captured territory, or B) retreat to an adjacent territory during NCM and avoid possible enemy counterattack.
4) Dug in Defenders: You infantry in originally controlled land territories surrounded by water defend at 3. Note: includes all small islands plus Japan, England and New Zealand, but not Australia.
5) 5th Column: Convert one neutral per game in the future by rolling a D6= number of turns you wait before conversion (keep roll secret).
6) Mechanized Infantry: You may freely replace one infantry with a mechanized infantry each turn.
7) Manpower reserves: You may build infantry for 2 IPC for one turn in the game, but any infantry built after costs 4 IPC.
Total War: you may elect to build one factory for free per game, or destroy one enemy factory, or move one factory to another originally controlled territory.
9) Trained Pilots: your original fighters you start the game with attack at 4 for the rest of the game, but once each is destroyed, it cannot be replaced. (Write T on chip to designate them.
10) Foreign Aid: one ally can loan another up to what you roll on a D6 each turn.
11) Mobile Warfare: Your fighters attacking with Armor or Mechanized Infantry boost these units +1 each combat round at a matching 1/1 basis.
12) Combined forces: Once per game you and one ally can make your turn together performing movement, combat and non-combat together. The player moving up does not buy or place new units, and he still gets his own turn, so it’s essentially a double movement and combat action. This would be in addition to the D-Day rule.
Historical Suggested starting NA’s:
Germany: Paratroopers, Blitzkrieg, 5th Column, Mechanized Infantry, Mobile Warfare, Total War.
England: Fast Warships, Trained Pilots, Foreign aid, combined forces.
Japan: Dug in Defenders, Trained Pilots
Soviet Union: Mechanized Infantry, Manpower reserves, Total War.
United States: Mechanized Infantry, Total War, Foreign Aid, Combined Forces.
Italy: combined forces
Optional Rules for China:
China is now made up of two military/political entities:
1) The Nationalist Kuomintang- KMT
2) The Communists- CPC.
Set up: the starting Chinese units remain in place and are considered KMT. Add one infantry in Chinghai, Ningxia and Sikang to represent CPC units. If the KMT leaves any of their starting territories or is removed from them, the KMT may attack or occupy these by breaking the truce.
Placement change: KMT units are placed at the rate of one infantry per territory under control as long as the territory has a 1 IPC value. The KMT receives additional aid each turn of 1 IPC from USA, USSR, and Germany (3 IPC total) and this money is not subtracted from those nations totals. It can be saved or spent to buy any type of unit and placed in a KMT controlled territory. The KMT conducts its turn functions as per the out of the box rules and is considered the official Chinese player as per the rules. The KMT can attack the CPC and break the truce, but loses its 1 IPC aid from USSR.
KMT/CPC Truce: These entities pledge to avoid combat with each other and fight the common enemy of Japan. Either side may break the truce, or the penalty for each is as follows:
KMT: loses 1 IPC in aid
CPC: Gains 1 IPC in aid from USSR
The US player can always replace the lost Chinese starting fighter if it’s destroyed. They can also fly one bomber to China to be used as needed on the USA turn. No other US/UK forces are allowed in Chinese territories.
The CPC conducts its turn functions during the Soviet players turn.
Greater China: China (both KMT and CPC) may only enter the following additional territories of greater China which consist of French- Indo China, Manchuria, Kwangtung, and Kiangsu.