• So my friends and I recently purchased AAP, and we’re certainly enjoying it.

So far, we’ve played two games, and in each game, the Allies have managed to prevent a Japanese VP victory at the last moment. I was Japan in the first game, and UK in the second, now I have a shot at utilizing the Americans.

I’d appreciate any advice regarding how best to utilize America to keep the game from being so close…I know that early on my best bet is a combination of bombers and subs, but at what point should I start adding transports and other warships?

I’m thinking I might try to go for Japan itself…my main concern is that I will not draw the IJN north and free up Aus/Ind to retake islands. Has anyone tried this strategy before, and how much success have you had with it?

• For any advide on Pacific start with this stuff:

http://www.axisandallies.org/taxonomy/term/18

It might seem like a lot to read but it pretty much covers anything. If you have a question about Pacific the answers are there.

Generally,

Bombers are good. Lots of bombers.

New Britain is a place you want to be quickly it has both airbase and harbor. But you need transports and troops (I like lots of marines and artillery.)

Hope UK stacks up lots of troops in India.

• I would agree with Frimmel, bombers and subs the first turn, with a Marine or two, preferably built at Hawaii.  Focus on taking out the Japanese transports whenever you can.  From Turn 2 on, gradually start building more Marines and transports, along with fighters and a carrier or two.  Grabbing New Britain is a big help in forcing the Japanese to look in several directions.  Putting AA guns in at every base is also a good idea, as the Japanese have a hard time building enough aircraft to replace losses.  Basically your aim should be that the Japanese are loosing close to if not more IPCs in units than they will receive each turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m