• I am always looking to make my face to face group bigger.  I have tried several methods for looking for local A&A players.

Here are some I have found that work.  Please list other ways you have found.

Posting here
    meetup.com
    Yahoo groups
    MSN groups

Again if you have found other ways to locate players in your area please post them here.

Thanks,
    LT

• The biggest and most unlikely place I have recently found was to post a free ad on Craig’s list.

I have had 3 people respond in as many days from there.

LT

• Customizer

You could try MySpace. Right now I’m just gathering aquaintences and my brother to recruit gamers. I’d like to eventually build an informal f2f club with people I know. It sounds crappy but I hate playing ‘pick-up’ games at the hobby shop although ‘friend-of-a-friend’s’ doesn’t bother me.

Another way to get players is to get people you know who play other games, and intro them to A&A. Back in the the day a group of us were playing Starcraft or Starfleet on the Sega Gennesis and I had a copy of A&A and intro’d it. Since then just about everyone who played still plays. Now we’re just grown-up and spread all over the country.

The group me and my bro are looking to start has a bunch of Magic players and people who like Settlers, AD&D, etc.

It’s just my opinion but that’s the best way to go. If you have an A&A classic game  (I have two) you can use that to train noobs. I’d suggest going for a monthly schedule too. My friends are all busy with work, kids, etc. and one Sunday or Saturday a month is do-able.

I eventually plan to make a Myspace site for our group so we can keep track of everything and keep in touch.

Hopefully these suggestions will help. Good Luck.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m