What would you do with a 1 Trn Bid to JAV/SZ37?

• 2007 AAR League

Given a bid of 8, consisting of a J trn bid to SZ37. What would you use the trn for , on J1?

Rus1
    Took two territories (WRU+other). Withdrew from FAR/BRY

Ger1
    Took EGY, deadzoned LEN, BEL, UKR

UK1

• Countered and re-captured EGY with 2 inf remaining + 1ftr/1bmb in Feq
    • Killed the trn in ECH/SZ59 with DD + CV
    • NZE/AUS fleet sits at starting area

Just curious. Have never seen the J trn bid so far. Interested in what people think.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Honestly, I’d put the Transport in SZ 50 (Caroline Islands) instead of SZ 37 (E. Indies.)

• @Perry:

• CV sits in BEN, to stop BB Bomb if amphib

By that you mean sz 35, right? If it is you should not have ‘immediately amphib egypt’ as a choice, since that would be impossible.

• 2007 AAR League

@03321:

By that you mean sz 35, right? If it is you should not have ‘immediately amphib egypt’ as a choice, since that would be impossible.

Ah! I’ve edited the original post, so that countering EGY actually is a possibility … Thank you for spotting!

• Truely, the options are many from this position, and all have merit. But I find getting the Australia and NZ IPCs asap is most benificial due to the fact that there is less likelyhood of a counter-attack here, so for the other fronts additional forces should be brought to bear in later turns.

Personnally, I have been buying the Transport for Japan lately, and putting it in with the Japan fleet. From there, I invade and capture Hawaii on J1. Doing so, destroys the 3rd of five USA fighters prior to USA1, (if China is also taken).
    There will be no counter-attack on the Japanese fleet off of Hawaii, and the next turn you can land your bomber in Hawaii and start bombing the USA west coast! Also, keeping a transport or 2 in Hawaiian waters plus the troops in Hawaii will force the USA to keep extra troops on the west coast and Alaska. That is less troops moving to Europe or Africa as early as usual. A turn or two of delay is a good thing for Germany. :wink:

BTW, I do concur, if the transport was bid to SZ 37, then Australia would be a better choice since you can still hit Madagascar from there if you want too or you can hit New Zealand if things don’t look to hot on Japan 2.

I still contend that SZ 50 (Caroline Islands) is a better location since now you can hit Hawaii with 2 Infantry, Artillery, Armor, Fighter on Japan 1 allowing you to kill 3 of 5 American Fighters before America even gets a turn.

It doesn’t sound like much, but it is another fighter America has to replace to get back to full strength and it can be bloody annoying to only have 2 fighters and a bomber. (Not to mention any counter on SZ 52 is suicidal at that point since only the bomber, one of the two fighters, the battleship and transport can reach now, instead of 3 fighters a bomber a battleship and a transport.)

• I’ll give my standard answer…nothing, since no one should ever give up an 8 bid.

That being said, I’d put it with the DEI fleet.

@squirecam:

I’ll give my standard answer…nothing, since no one should ever give up an 8 bid.

And yet so many players give away 9, 10 and 11 IPC bids to the axis in AAR these days. =/

• @Cmdr:

@squirecam:

I’ll give my standard answer…nothing, since no one should ever give up an 8 bid.

And yet so many players give away 9, 10 and 11 IPC bids to the axis in AAR these days. =/

Just because they do doesnt mean its right.

• @squirecam:

Just because they do doesnt mean its right.

mom?

• I’m can’t win with a 10 bid… LOL!!!

I’m looking forward to a ‘Russia’ bid… (That’s where I start with 1 INF in Russia, and a German flag on all their territories… that would give me a fair chance I think… :-D )

• I do this as a bid because it greatly increases Japan’s options on round 1. While a transport bid to SZ50 does allow for a possible invasion of Hawaii its other options are rather limited.

The transport added to the E. Indies fleet not only allows the mentioned amphibs but is also fodder if need be for a strike on British naval units in sz30 or sz34.

Again I think it gives Japan the MOST options on round one.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m