• Can say USA, when placing their newly purchased units, place them in a UK or Russian territory that has an IC in them??  or do they have to place them in their own territory?

• No he can’t.

Each nation have to place during the deployment phase the units, purchased in the purchase phase, in the ICs he own from the start of his/her round (no conquered or built IC may produce in the same round they are conquered or bought). Friendly owned IC may not build unit of another friendly power.

• @kfgolfer:

Can say USA, when placing their newly purchased units, place them in a UK or Russian territory that has an IC in them??

NO.

But I can pat my head and rub my tummy at the same time.

• @Bunnies:

@kfgolfer:

Can say USA, when placing their newly purchased units, place them in a UK or Russian territory that has an IC in them??

NO.

Impressive!

Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has forseen!

:-D

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@kfgolfer:

Can say USA, when placing their newly purchased units, place them in a UK or Russian territory that has an IC in them??  or do they have to place them in their own territory?

Sounds like an interesting house rule though! Might have to limit it to production value of the territory for the full game round (so Russia couldn’t build 4 units and England and America but rather the three allies combined could only build 4 units in Caucasus, etc.)

Be interesting to see Japan building fighters in Berlin for defense. :)

But no, in the original game rules, without modification, you have to build in your own complex on your own turn.

• @Bunnies:

There’s nothing about that in the rules, so…

Cheater!

• ok, thanks.  One other quick question as this came up in my last game.  If Japan takes Los Angeles to capture 10 cities for a major victory, does the game end there, or does the US get a chance to fight back and maybe take back the city??

• Official Q&A

There is one exception.  If you capture an ally’s original territory that has an IC in it while that ally’s capital is in enemy hands, you may use that IC until the capital is liberated.

For example, let’s say that Germany has captured both Karelia and Russia.  The UK then captures Karelia from Germany.  Normally, the territory would be liberated and return to USSR control, but since Russia (the Soviet capital) is in German hands, the UK gets to keep it temporarily and treat it as any other conquered territory.  Under these circumstances, the UK gains control of Karelia, along with the IC and any AA guns there, and collects income from the territory and may use the IC there.  If Russia is later liberated, Karelia would immediately revert to full Soviet control, along with the IC and AA guns*.

• Under LHTR, the UK would keep the AA guns.
  • Official Q&A

@kfgolfer:

ok, thanks.  One other quick question as this came up in my last game.  If Japan takes Los Angeles to capture 10 cities for a major victory, does the game end there, or does the US get a chance to fight back and maybe take back the city??

Victory isn’t checked for until the end of each round, which occurs at the end of the US turn.  So, in your example, the US would have a chance to take LA back (or any other Victory City).

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Krieghund:

@kfgolfer:

ok, thanks.  One other quick question as this came up in my last game.  If Japan takes Los Angeles to capture 10 cities for a major victory, does the game end there, or does the US get a chance to fight back and maybe take back the city??

Victory isn’t checked for until the end of each round, which occurs at the end of the US turn.  So, in your example, the US would have a chance to take LA back (or any other Victory City).

However, if America lands a single infantry in S. Europe to get the 10th VC then that is it.  The Axis never get a chance to liberate that VC, even if Germany has 10,000 tanks and 40,000 infantry in Germany and that’s the ONLY American on the board (save the transport that deposited him there.)

One of my MAJOR problems with the VC conditions for victory.

BTW, I prefer to play with the house rule that you need 9 Victory Cities and you need to HOLD THEM for a full game turn (from the collect income phase of your turn until the purchase units phase of your next turn) without losing them.

If at any point you lose a victory city, even if your ally gets it back for you, it no longer counts as one of the 9 you can count.  (However if you hold the 9 until your ally’s next turn, it would count.)

I feel that slight adjustment to the rules really covers the exploit of landing one guy here or there to steal a victory in a game.  It forces you to be able to hold your victory cities which really is the point of them.  IMHO.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m