• Does anyone out there think it is wise to fall-back out of the Ukraine and settle in Eastern Europe on turn one?

Is this a sound strategy at all?

• Depends. What did Russia do in turn 1?

• Say for example, Russia attacks conservativley and destroys Germany’s Baltic transport; c’est tout. Now, Russia has 7 inf. in Cauc. and 12 inf., 3 arm., and 2 ftrs (Russia purchased 8 inf). As I see it, Germany does not have enough infantry to attack the Cauc. unless one amphibious assaults it but that would very much hurt your African conquest. As for an attack into Karelia, that would be frivilous. This setup by Russia enables him or her to defend both Karelia and Ukraine well plus it enables Russia to attack either Eastern Europe or the Ukraine well if Germany decides to hold both the Ukr. and E Europe by spreading out the forces on turn one. Germany has few good options.

I’m sure you probably could counterattack the Russians but why defend something when you know you will probably lose it? It makes no sense. Now, Germany pulls out of Ukraine and has a solid base in E. Europe. Now, I’m sure Russia will not sacrifice the defense of Karelia to fortifying Ukraine. Now on turn two you can counterattack the Russians in the Ukraine with enough forces to hold both the Ukraine and Eastern Europe (if you purchased a lot of inf. on turn one hopefully 9).

Now this probably slows you down a little bit and enables Russia to gain additional IPC’s. To make up for that, you can strat. bomb Karelia and push harder in Africa on turns one and two; even have Japan strat. bomb with you. This will surely make up for Russia’s gains and Germany’s loses.

[ This Message was edited by: Candyman67 on 2002-01-05 11:20 ]

• to me russia strategies atre not very sound.a lot of things can go wrong.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m