October 23, 2017, 02:27:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want a t-shirt? Check out our awesome Axis & Allies .org T-Shirt Store! Search me
  Articles  
   Home   Help Login Register AACalc  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Questions (CV Defense and TRN stuff)  (Read 822 times)
kiyosa
A&A.org New Conscript

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2008, 07:49:06 pm »

As a totally new poster- I'm avoiding abbreviations.

First question is simple: A transport can never offload into more than one territory, but can you load from more than one territory?  I know you can load a unit from your starting area, move 1 and load another unit, move 1 more and offload both units.  But can you load two units from differing adjacent territories (ex: a Transport in Sea Zone 14 grabbing an infantry from Liba and Southern Europe, then dropping them off in Trans-Jordan)

Second is more complex:  When an Aircraft  Carrier is defending, are fighters on it simply considered cargo, or do they get to defense dice just the the rest of the units in the seazone?  Do friendly powers' fighters on a Carrier get to defend at a 3 as well?

I ask because the rules specifically state that Aircraft Carriers have 'Fighter Defense' and that a fighter can "take the hit" for the carrier.  If the fighters are active defense units, the statement seems kind of redundant (other than to specify that friendly powers' fighters can do this).
Ranor
A&A.org Destroyer

2009 Revised Leaggue 1:0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 10:07:15 pm »

1) Yes

2) As long as we are talkin about defense, all fighters on board your AirCraftCarriers defend together with the rest of the units in that seazone (on a 4) and can be taken as casulties.
axis_roll
A&A.org Battleship

Spring 2008 Singles champion (Gold medalist)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 03:56:20 am »

Second is more complex:  When an Aircraft  Carrier is defending, are fighters on it simply considered cargo, or do they get to defense dice just the the rest of the units in the seazone?  Do friendly powers' fighters on a Carrier get to defend at a 3 as well?

I ask because the rules specifically state that Aircraft Carriers have 'Fighter Defense' and that a fighter can "take the hit" for the carrier.  If the fighters are active defense units, the statement seems kind of redundant (other than to specify that friendly powers' fighters can do this).

From a defensive perspective, this statement can seem redunant.  However, I believe the statement is made because from an attacking perspective it is different.  Friendly fighters on a carrier ARE considered only cargo: they can not join the attack nor be taken as a hit.
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to:  

2017 Support Drive

Read about this support drive.
Support Level
Forum Username
Note: payee will appear as Livid Labs, LLC.
Buy Axis & Allies
  • Axis & Allies 1942 [Amazon]
  • A&A Pacific 1940 [Amazon]
  • A&A Europe 1940 [FMG]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • A&A D-Day [Amazon]
  • A&A Battle of the Bulge [Amazon]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • WWII Themed Combat Dice [FMG]

Axis and Allies.org Official Gold Sponsor: Historical Board Gaming