• ok i think i’m in trouble!
    i have 2 aircraft carriers carrying 2 fighters each. americans are attacking me. if i loose the aircraft carriers does that mean i lose my fighters too :(

• The fighters are considered in the air during the attack so they get to participate in the battle.

If the Carriers are lost in the fight, you can move the fighters upto 1 spcae away to land, with that typically being the island in the seazone that the battle took place.

• Official Q&A

Just to clarify: the fighters move up to one space to land after the battle is over, if they survive, which generally means that the attackers must have retreated or been destroyed.  One case in which this would not be true would be if the attackers consisted solely of subs.  In that case, the battle would be over and the planes could leave, since the subs and fighters couldn’t hit each other.

• @Motdc:

The fighters are considered in the air during the attack so they get to participate in the battle.

If the Carriers are lost in the fight, you can move the fighters upto 1 spcae away to land, with that typically being the island in the seazone that the battle took place.

It could be a carrier in an adjacent sea zone as well.

• Or an island in an adjacent sea zone with an air base that you control at the end of the combat resolution phase.  It is also only 1 movement point from the battle field and is a place the fighters can land.

• If a CV w/FTR’s (with the rest of the navy) moves one space to attact, the FTR’s also move one space.  That makes sense to me and I don’t think any one would disagree.

My question is these FTR’s now can move three more spaces correct?  If not why?

LT

EDIT:  Even if the CV moves two spaces the FTR’s should still have two spaces left after the battle correct?

• Official Q&A

Yes, you’re correct.  Attacking fighters move independently of their carrier, as they launch before the carrier moves.  They then have any or all of their remaining movement to find a landing space after the battle.  The original post here was referring to defending carriers and fighters.

• Ah, ok my mistake.

LT

• I HATE loosing my fighters when my carriers go down. :cry:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m