• In my opinion (sorry for english, hope it will be clear):

In general:

Strategic Bombing in first turns: risk a useful bomber for some IPC…. I SBR only if not AA against japs or if a power is in a very bad economic situation

Russia:

1. Attack Manchuria

Russia will loose fast the asian front because of powerful Japan counter. Russian inf is more useful late in the game against japs. And can retraeat if things in Germany are going very bad.

Russian fighter cannot defend Karelia if attack Manchuria. That can be a disater if you loose other fight in baltic.

Germany:

1. Attack Egypt

Why give the uk an easy counter from India?

2. Not to attack every uk ship

That force uk to spend a lot in rebuild his fleet (that is a problem if uk cant count on africa and india IPC) and prevent a debarkment in africa on uk 1

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

The attack on Manchuria has to be followed up by an attack on Kwangtung by England on the first round and maybe even an attack on Fr. Indo-China Burma by America on the first round as well.

If all three occur, and you don’t get some off the wall results, you can do serious damage to Japan possibly stalling them long enough to conquer Germany before Japan is a serious threat to Russia.

Egypt:

The purpose of Egypt is two fold.

1)  It takes out the submarine securing the southern fleet a bit more.
    2)  It takes out most of the enemy in Africa forcing the Allies to dedicate resources to Africa instead of to Russian defense forces.

• Newbies will commonly separate armor (1 space back) from infantry due to the perception that inf is better on defence.

The reality of the game for veterans is that the biggest stack rules, so the better action is to place both together and everything else you got into the biggest stack you can make.  The armor still has the 2 move reach for rapid deployment on your next turn.

A similar thing happens with bombers and fighters, but not as much.

• @Cmdr:

The attack on Manchuria has to be followed up by an attack on Kwangtung by England on the first round and maybe even an attack on Fr. Indo-China Burma by America on the first round as well.

If all three occur, and you don’t get some off the wall results, you can do serious damage to Japan possibly stalling them long enough to conquer Germany before Japan is a serious threat to Russia.

Problem is, 2 INF and a fighter/tank may not be enough if you have crappy rolls. Which I always seem to do…

• What would a common mistake be for  US 1?

• Not buying lots of trannies    .      .        .

• I would have thought that to be the US 1’s biggest mistake.

On US 1 I like to buy mostly INF and place them in WUS.
    US 2 buy trannies and shuffle the troops to WCanada.

I do this to prevent a Canadian Shield.

• @buba:

In my opinion (sorry for english, hope it will be clear):

In general:

Strategic Bombing in first turns: risk a useful bomber for some IPC…. I SBR only if not AA against japs or if a power is in a very bad economic situation

Russia:

1. Attack Manchuria

Russia will loose fast the asian front because of powerful Japan counter. Russian inf is more useful late in the game against japs. And can retraeat if things in Germany are going very bad.

Russian fighter cannot defend Karelia if attack Manchuria. That can be a disater if you loose other fight in baltic.

Germany:

1. Attack Egypt

Why give the uk an easy counter from India?

2. Not to attack every uk ship

That force uk to spend a lot in rebuild his fleet (that is a problem if uk cant count on africa and india IPC) and prevent a debarkment in africa on uk 1

i have got to say i think the idea that japan should counter at manchuria is pure folly. their main problem is getting troops onto land there, and fast and spending all your money on transports is a bit ridiculous so early. let russia take manchuria and don’t counter, but send everything (including amphibious assault) to india and take the industrial complex.

• @Linkon:

Newbies will commonly separate armor (1 space back) from infantry due to the perception that inf is better on defence.

The reality of the game for veterans is that the biggest stack rules, so the better action is to place both together and everything else you got into the biggest stack you can make.  The armor still has the 2 move reach for rapid deployment on your next turn.

A similar thing happens with bombers and fighters, but not as much.

yes the bigger stack rules but you can always avoid them. depends on whether you’re fighting a war of attrition. japan should realize it’s going to lose (in beginning) most of its land territory because it needs to consolidate–as you allude to–all of its forces on one territory. otherwise they would lose the units AND the territory.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m