2008 Axis & Allies FTF Tournament Season!

• Greetings all AA Advocates,

It has been awhile since I been on this site but with the mess that is on AHC, I thought I would start posting here.  Hope you don’t mind Dave…Yes, I am alive and it has been awhile…

Anyhow, for those that do know me, my fall/winter hibernation is over and now that the holidays are over and I am now plowing forward into the New Year, I would love to know what you guys expect from the upcoming year regarding FTF tournaments, events and the like.

I also know that the change in location/format of the AHC is not setting to well with some of yuns, but it is what it is and we will have to deal with it. Just as we have the last 14 years of playing AA FTF at GEN CON…we have to deal with the way the dice roll and live with it. And you guys have been great throughout!

Some things to possibly look forward to: More metal Boards for GEN CON this year (keep your fingers crossed), a new classic AA tourney, Guadalcanal, a possible new format for some of the old games (Europe/Pacific/D-Day) and much more. This will be the 15th year for me running tourneys at GEN CON so I hope to make it a bit special…

Fire away and let me know what is on your mind as well. I also have NOT set a date for The Spring Gathering VI in Cincinnati but would like to do so very soon so thoughts and opinions on what weekends are better always helps. We are looking at the first weekend in April.

The Smoreyswamp is still up and running and update are forthcoming so keep checking for new updates…

Thanks for your guys support over the past years and hope to hear from you real soon.

Peace,

Gregory J. Smorey
    Axis & Allies Tournament GM - GEN CON/Origins
    http://www.geocities.com/headlesshorseman2/smoreyswamp.html
    A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. - General George S. Patton

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m